Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Brass Cannon

Player and Recruit Retention News/Discussion & Potential Transfers

1 hour ago, mdn82 said:

Yep. Common knowledge around these parts and a reason many turned on Crean that year. Beyond his coaching it was this situation and the DD situation that seemed to really sour people on Crean.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Don't forget Hanner begin arrested for an OWI and being suspended indefinitely...for 2 games.

Underage drinking....The horror of it all. Makes me miss the Knight years when literally not a single student athlete under 21 drank.

His wasn't underage drinking it was a fake ID during Little 5. It was stupid. One of the 15 most recognizable kids in the town trying to use a fake ID.

1 minute ago, mdn82 said:

His wasn't underage drinking it was a fake ID during Little 5. It was stupid. One of the 15 most recognizable kids in the town trying to use a fake ID.

Lets be honest probably the #1 kid, still in town at that point

The Luke Fischer incident that got Luke to transfer is the main one. Drug test failures with Troy. But bringing people into your room with Luke, lock him out, and steal his autograph ball that he was going to give to a family member while smoking weed... yeah. It's in the past.

That's terrible. I don't blame Luke for leaving. That makes me lose a lot of respect for Troy. I kinda hope he doesn't do crap in the NBA now.

Sent from my LG-K371 using BtownBanners mobile app

That's terrible. I don't blame Luke for leaving. That makes me lose a lot of respect for Troy. I kinda hope he doesn't do crap in the NBA now.

I think they all grew, but not due to Crean from that stuff. He did nothing but back his favorites or back kids out of fear for pissing off the wrong person. When you are 18, and Bloomington is yours without repercussion, I can't completely blame the kid. Troy was known to have a good time even after declaring. Let's hope he grew up. He has a god given gift.

Honestly Troy smoking probably was the only reason he did it. It wasn't like he did it just to do it. It is a crappy situation, but hazing does happen all over and if not for the ball it sounds like Luke just needed to try to change roommates. Right after is when Troy failed his drug test I believe so I don't doubt that incident led to it. He was young. If wishing his NBA career to go down the drain over decisions as an 18 year old I would hate to see what you think of 85% of kids that age then. No offense man. Bad situation, but easily could have been fixed.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

I think they all grew, but not due to Crean from that stuff. He did nothing but back his favorites or back kids out of fear for pissing off the wrong person. When you are 18, and Bloomington is yours without repercussion, I can't completely blame the kid. Troy was known to have a good time even after declaring. Let's hope he grew up. He has a god given gift.

Troy was known for having a good time the night before games/travel days.

Wow. Didn't know some of these stories. It's telling of the Crean era. Not that any of those kids' choices were his fault, but some situations obviously could have been handled better. Seemingly, it was the lack of consequences that failed to command respect for FCTC among many of those boys which bred a crappy culture among the program. This is probably a superficial observation since I'm working and cant really read through all of the details shared here, but wow.

Honestly Troy smoking probably was the only reason he did it. It wasn't like he did it just to do it. It is a crappy situation, but hazing does happen all over and if not for the ball it sounds like Luke just needed to try to change roommates. Right after is when Troy failed his drug test I believe so I don't doubt that incident led to it. He was young. If wishing his NBA career to go down the drain over decisions as an 18 year old I would hate to see what you think of 85% of kids that age then. No offense man. Bad situation, but easily could have been fixed.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

None taken. Maybe I'm naive, but I just find it to be a really awful thing to do another person, let alone a teammate. Maybe I should say I won't be excited for Troy when something good happens for him the way I was before.

None taken. Maybe I'm naive, but I just find it to be a really awful thing to do another person, let alone a teammate. Maybe I should say I won't be excited for Troy when something good happens for him the way I was before.

When you have a coach who won't hold you accountable you will do crazy things. When the players finally got kicked off that was freds call. Not crean.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk