Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Bobman1

Chicago Cubs Thread

Just wanted to stop in and say...  Go Cubs!  Javier Baez is down in Iowa getting ready to come up after being on the DL.  Should split time with Jorge.  

Baez will be key as Bryant could be playing some LF and we could see a lot of Javy at 3B.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Cubs bats are FRIGID. Can't even hit Hill. None too pleased Cubs fan here.

My not so bold prediction is Dodgers best Cubs in this series and the tease carries over until next year.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Hope your not so bold prediction is wrong.
But I've never seen the bats as cold as they've been the last two games

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Out of curiosity how long can the Cubs keep this core together before Age and Contracts take their toll?  They might not win this year, but if they can keep this core together for 5 years or so I think they do win a World Series. 

I believe a few of these young guys are up after next year, if I'm accurate going to be tough to keep them all, but roster should be solid for at least 5 years.

Rizzo signed a team friendly deal. Arrieta is the only person we could lose of value in free agency for 4 years. Bryant will be a Super 2 so we got an extra year for him as well as Russell. Our tv deal like the one the Dodgers got will be in 2019. We will have enough money to throw around.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app