Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Bobman1

Chicago Cubs Thread

I noticed there was a Mets thread, and decided it was time for a Cubs thread. I hope I'm not the only poster in here, as IU basketball goes from November to March (soon to be early April!), and Cub season goes from early April to October+. (this year and many years to come) I'm the most excited for this season as I've ever been, and should be one helluva ride. Go Cubs Go!

I do enjoy watching the Cubs find a way to blow it every year.

Honestly don't know how much of a threat the Cardinals will be this year. Their rotation is solid, but has a lot of injury risk. Some big question marks around Holiday and Molina health-wise as well. I think the Cubs will take the Central pretty handily. 

I do enjoy watching the Cubs find a way to blow it every year.

Honestly don't know how much of a threat the Cardinals will be this year. Their rotation is solid, but has a lot of injury risk. Some big question marks around Holiday and Molina health-wise as well. I think the Cubs will take the Central pretty handily. 

It does seem like every year the cardinals have a big injury to one of their projected rotation guys. But they also always find a way to bring up young, somewhat, unheard of talent, who can perform very well.

20 hours ago, Calipari said:

I noticed there was a Mets thread, and decided it was time for a Cubs thread. I hope I'm not the only poster in here, as IU basketball goes from November to March (soon to be early April!), and Cub season goes from early April to October+. (this year and many years to come) I'm the most excited for this season as I've ever been, and should be one helluva ride. Go Cubs Go!

They could be set for the foreseeable future.  This year should be a fun ride!  They were a year ahead of schedule last year, so this year, well, next year is NOW!

Cubs off to the start we were all hoping for. Looking forward to see how the bottom of the rotation holds up. 2-0 on road against what projects to be a solid team.

Our "bottom" of the rotation should be very solid if Hammel can pitch the way he did Pre All Star break last year. And if lackey has even as close to as good of a year as he has last year.... We will see.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

8 hours ago, Calipari said:

Our "bottom" of the rotation should be very solid if Hammel can pitch the way he did Pre All Star break last year. And if lackey has even as close to as good of a year as he has last year.... We will see.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I still see us going out and picking up a pitcher at the deadline. 

2 minutes ago, Naturalhoosier said:

Jerry Crasnick @jcrasnick

VcY-oMsz_normal.jpeg

Kyle Schwarber is down in the outfield and it does not look good. Scary. #Cubs

What happened here?

Reading that he collided with Fowler on a ball in the gap, ended up being an inside the park HR. Seeing tweets that he got up under his own power but the cart had come out to get him anyway.

Just now, LIHoosier said:

Reading that he collided with Fowler on a ball in the gap, ended up being an inside the park HR. Seeing tweets that he got up under his own power but the cart had come out to get him anyway.

Reading it was a leg injury?  Hopefully only precautionary measures w/the cart.