Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2021) CG Jalen Blackmon

Marion on the road at Logansport and came in as the 3rd highest scoring team in the state.  At halftime it was 48-38 Marion and I could understand why.  They cooled a bit in the 2nd half but still won 84-67.  For the game they were 10-15 on 3's.  But as a team they're sloppy with the ball and atrocious foul shooters.  For the game Logansport made 14 free throws thus scored 53 pts. from the field.  I think at least 30 of those were in the paint as Marion did not play very good interior defense.  And in the category of what you don't see every game is Marion called for 6 men on the floor.

I had Blackmon with 19 pts.  7-13 from the field; 3-7 on 3's and only 2-5 on FT's.  2 reb.; 2 assists; 3 TO's.

scanggggg.pdf

Newspaper account of the game says Marion hit 14 3's for the game which is quite different than the post-game radio summary.  

Edited by Class of '66 Old Fart
Updated stat info

Couldn't find anything more than this on last night's Marion game.

Marion 97, Muncie Central 95 (OT)

Damarius Pegues gave the Bearcats (5-11) a one-point lead with nine seconds left in overtime, but Marion's Jalen Blackmon hit a 3-pointer at the buzzer to steal a victory. Christian Wells had a huge game with 32 points and 11 rebounds, while Victor Young scored 25. Dylan Stafford added 13 points and AJ Wright had 10.

4 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Couldn't find anything more than this on last night's Marion game.

Marion 97, Muncie Central 95 (OT)

Damarius Pegues gave the Bearcats (5-11) a one-point lead with nine seconds left in overtime, but Marion's Jalen Blackmon hit a 3-pointer at the buzzer to steal a victory. Christian Wells had a huge game with 32 points and 11 rebounds, while Victor Young scored 25. Dylan Stafford added 13 points and AJ Wright had 10.

Blackmon had 32. 

On 2/2/2018 at 7:55 AM, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I've heard from a very knowledgeable source that Jalen will go to UK if they will have him.

Of course, a long way to go here.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Gross

He's only a freshman. A lot can happen before it comes time for him to pick a school. 

This is very true! If Archie can make Indiana winners again before he's ready. Consensus locally is he will be the best one.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

13 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

This is very true! If Archie can make Indiana winners again before he's ready. Consensus locally is he will be the best one.

And heck, maybe Calipari won't be at Kentucky a few years from now. Hopefully Vijay enjoys his time at IU and can put in a good word for Archie. 

4 hours ago, Iugradman said:

Well, that sucks. I thought we had a good chance at him since his other two brothers went to IU.

It's really not that surprising. JBJ probably would have gone to UK if they hadn't gotten Booker, and Vijay said it was his dream school, but they obviously didn't offer. Dad going there doesn't make it any easier for us.

It's really not that surprising. JBJ probably would have gone to UK if they hadn't gotten Booker, and Vijay said it was his dream school, but they obviously didn't offer. Dad going there doesn't make it any easier for us.

And mom. Closer games for family to watch and Mom liked Crean. JBJ wanted Kentucky. Enough positives allowed Indiana to win out.

10 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

And mom. Closer games for family to watch and Mom liked Crean. JBJ wanted Kentucky. Enough positives allowed Indiana to win out.

It's also been said that they are big fans of CAM. This is probably because he gave Vijay the chance to be on the team. I don't think we need to worry about this one for a couple of more years.