Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

College Football Thread

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/nfl-draft-winners-and-losers-indianas-michael-penix-jr-outplayed-os-us-justin-fields-184208272.html

Fairly generic and wasn’t sure where to put this. Seems Penix is getting notoriety in the draft world.  Not shocking with his arm, but the fact he outplayed Justin Fields has this article wondering whether he will be a first round pick next year or a 2nd day pick.  What a rise this year. 

Breaking: Minnesota at #Badgers is a no-go.  That eliminates Wisconsin from Big Ten championship consideration...not that Northwestern didn’t already handle it.  Wisconsin then becomes the third consecutive #iufb opponent that has extra time to prepare for the Hoosiers.   Typical of '2020'.

Say what you will about Klatt occasionally announcing Buckeye games with Scarlett and Gray lenses on but IMO he nails it with these two tweets:
ImageUploadedByBtownBanners1606280653.058818.thumb.jpg.31e485c3f6da5e98598d2fdd22dd9b94.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Pollack too (a UGA alumn btw) is right about the committees rankings. ImageUploadedByBtownBanners1606280759.412482.jpg

2 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

They had similar thoughts on The Big Show.

Georgia is the big one to me. That’s ridiculous they’re ranked so high.

Georgia pissed me off. I was fine with IU at 12 honestly, but Georgia was at 9 because they are Georgia. 

4 minutes ago, IUc2016 said:

Georgia pissed me off. I was fine with IU at 12 honestly, but Georgia was at 9 because they are Georgia. 

We made the NCAAT in 2015 because we’re Indiana. It works both ways. We just need to keep winning. 

Just now, Magnanimous said:

We made the NCAAT in 2015 because we’re Indiana. It works both ways. We just need to keep winning. 

Okay? how does that take away that fact that it is an incorrect way to rank teams? 

My point about Georgia has nothing to do with Indiana.  It is simply that Georgia is ranked where they are because they are Georgia. 

9 minutes ago, IUc2016 said:

They were handled easily in their big games.  They beat some bad teams, some of which were close.  I don't think they deserve to be in the top 15.  It's not about where they're ranked compared to Indiana just their ranking overall.

Just now, HoosierAloha said:

They were handled easily in their big games.  They beat some bad teams, some of which were close.  I don't think they deserve to be in the top 15.  It's not about where they're ranked compared to Indiana just their ranking overall.

agreed

4 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

I'd say Oklahoma is a bit over ranked too.  They've had a couple of losses to meh teams and haven't been world beaters.

yeah they probably are at this point. They did look really good on Saturday night which probably helped their case more than anything. Lucky for them their losses were so long ago that it helps them

Honestly A&M has some big wins but they lost their biggest game by 4 (FOUR) touchdowns! I get it’s Bama but could you imagine if the score had held 35-7 OSU? Indiana would’ve nearly fallen out of the rankings entirely.

6 hours ago, IUc2016 said:

Okay? how does that take away that fact that it is an incorrect way to rank teams? 

My point about Georgia has nothing to do with Indiana.  It is simply that Georgia is ranked where they are because they are Georgia. 

It means we’re going up against the big boys in terms of perception and we’re a long ways away from catching a break when it’s comes to being ranked among them. 

It means we’re going up against the big boys in terms of perception and we’re a long ways away from catching a break when it’s comes to being ranked among them. 

My opinion of Georgia being ranked too high has nothing to do with Indiana. I literally said that Indiana at 12 was fine.

So again, idk what you are really trying to say

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

6 hours ago, IUc2016 said:

My opinion of Georgia being ranked too high has nothing to do with Indiana. I literally said that Indiana at 12 was fine.

So again, idk what you are really trying to say

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I’m injecting my own comments and opinions into the conversation as it relates to where Georgia is ranked, and given they are ranked ahead of us, it impacts where we are ranked regardless of you being ok with where we’re ranked. 
CAkZI8KWEAAeFsi.jpg