Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

hoosierpap

Random IUBB Recruiting

I was not impressed with Jerry Meyer Facebook live about Indiana. Didn't say anything we already don't know. Seemed to like Justin Smith. Likes Tucker. Compares them. Likes Moore but you could tell he doesn't really know much. Judging from his frame. Pretty much said he think Al Durham's game is raw and needs "tightened up". Said Durham will need Indianas player development program.

Honestly don't think he knows a ton regarding our players.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

On 4/4/2016 at 8:18 PM, ccgeneral said:

‏@ASlater247: Aundre Hyatt '18 has St.John's, Yale & Iona offers; Indiana, OU, Davidson, Maryland, Stanford & VCU interest 3.9 GPA

White Plains, NY (Miller School)
AAU: New York Lightning
6'6/210

Scout

Rivals

Reclassed to '19 and IU watching on Saturday.

@JKim97: #Indiana will be in on Saturday to see 2019 sharpshooter @aundrehyatt_15 of @MSAHoops, he tells @Phenom_Hoops. He currently has a 3.9PGA.

On his radio show tonight, CTC was asked what he looked for in recruits.  His response:

- Somebody who's got awareness

- Ability to shoot

- Good teammate

- A pride and maturity on the court. If there's a lack of maturity, how quickly that can be corrected

- The desire to play hard on defense. Don't even have to be good yet

- Ability to move the ball

- Ability to move quickly in small spaces, with or without the ball

On 12/10/2016 at 1:14 AM, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I was not impressed with Jerry Meyer Facebook live about Indiana. Didn't say anything we already don't know. Seemed to like Justin Smith. Likes Tucker. Compares them. Likes Moore but you could tell he doesn't really know much. Judging from his frame. Pretty much said he think Al Durham's game is raw and needs "tightened up". Said Durham will need Indianas player development program.

Honestly don't think he knows a ton regarding our players.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Yea, I coulda told you that much.

http://www.crimsonquarry.com/2016/12/19/14001630/indiana-basketball-recruiting-romeo-langford-is-prettay-prettay-good-at-basketball

Short capsules of info on Cliff Moore, Jordan Tucker, Hamidou Diallo, Romeo Langford and Musa Jallow.  Nothing earthshattering.

Purely FWIW, at one time there seemed to be some IU interest in Vijay Blackmon, JBJ's younger brother, but nothing ever really developed and Vijay ended up going to St. Francis College in Fort Wayne.  My personal opinion is that he went to St. Francis in the hopes that a good year of performance would land him a solid D-1 offer and he wouldn't have to sit out a year if he accepted and transferred   This link will take you to his season-to-date stats at St. Francis.

http://www.saintfranciscougars.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=3877&path=mbball

Buckley @ this event per Peegs. Watching Brooks vs Hunter right now.

Indianapolis Manual is hosting the Manual Extravaganza on December 23rd and the Indianapolis area school.

9:00 AM – Jac-Cen-Del vs. Indianapolis International
10:30 AM – Detroit Western (MI) vs. Indianapolis Howe
12:00 PM – Fort Wayne North vs. Indianapolis Tindley
1:30 PM – Fort Wayne Bishop Luers vs. Indianapolis Manual
3:00 PM – Milwaukee Vincent (WI) vs. Terre Haute South
4:30 PM – Danville (IL) vs. Warren Central
6:00 PM – Milwuakee Riverside (WI) vs. North Central
7:30 PM – Chicago Kenwood (IL) vs. Ben Davis
9:00 PM – Detroit Jesuit (MI) vs. Lawrence North

https://www.prephoops.com/2016/05/indianapolis-manual-host-holiday-tournament/

I am completely fine with Phinisee, Jallow, another guard & a big. Langford would be a dream get, but unless we win a title this year or have a strong shot to next year I don't see us making up the ground on him. Garland would be nice as well, but I think were losing him and Langford to Duke.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

With Langford and Garland out of reach looks like Phinisee is the only legit option for a top 100 player in this class so far.

We may not get either, but only the message board echo chamber believes that Garland and Langford are out of reach.

On 12/26/2016 at 1:13 PM, Stuhoo said:

We may not get either, but only the message board echo chamber believes that Garland and Langford are out of reach.

Top 10 recruits that we would likely have to beat Duke for. Highly unlikely. Basketball factory bound. Then we drop down to Phinisee who looks to be a good get. After that nobody to get excited about yet.

I would love a recruiting class built around Phinisse and Jallow as the headliners. Then let Crean do his magic filling out the class finding under-the-radar guys like he has with OG, Morgan, Durham and Moore.

I understand the deflated expectations because of recent misses with five star kids, but I don't think it is fair. If we land Tucker, 2017 will turn out to be an excellent class on paper after most Hoosier fans wrote it off as a failure. No reason to believe we won't get the right guys in 2018 as well.

I just wish we wouldn't waste our time running after Garland and Langford, and instead signal to Phinisse and Jallow that they are top targets.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app