Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2018) SG Romeo Langford - INDIANA HOOSIERS

7 minutes ago, HoosierSadaseci said:

Well, why would they though, when Meyer had his pick for Vanderbilt they didn't say anything either.

I hear ya but there also wasn't a definitive claim that went along with that pick as I recall. When someone had started the rumor that Garland had committed to IU he went on twitter and denied that claim. I realize it's not an exact comparison but it is similar.

6 hours ago, JSHoosier said:

I'm still in the boat that I'll believe we get him when he says it himself.

As for the supposed KU visit, I have a hard time believing an 'insider' that uses the qualification that it depends on their definition of meeting.

Well, I ventured over to the KU board late last night, and the poster who claims Self did meet with Romeo this week said he'd reveal information from the "meeting" later, so I'm assuming that would be today since they originally said it''d be this weekend.  Anyway if it happens, or not, it's probably bunk, but will likely stir things up a bit, in the words of the KU poster things are getting interesting with Romeo.

How some anonymous poster on a Kansas message board would be able to know details that no one else, particularly those very close to the Langford camp, are aware of makes makes no logical sense.  There's the old saying about where there's smoke there's fire, and this 'Tonto' guy seems more like a dusty fart than smoke.

We'll know the decision only when it's announced (obviously), but all along I've felt that if there are any leaks they would either come directly from a staff or a player (none that I'm aware of to this point) or from those in the community (if anything they've been overwhelmingly toward IU).

1 hour ago, HoosierSadaseci said:

Well, I ventured over to the KU board late last night, and the poster who claims Self did meet with Romeo this week said he'd reveal information from the "meeting" later, so I'm assuming that would be today since they originally said it''d be this weekend.  Anyway if it happens, or not, it's probably bunk, but will likely stir things up a bit, in the words of the KU poster things are getting interesting with Romeo.

Tim Langford seems like too much of a stand up guy to lie about something like that and he straight up said no coach’s have met with Romeo and are going to meet with him. He has seen and heard everything .

11 hours ago, Yogi's Picnic Basket said:

Calm down people it's not even a big deal anymore. BTW 8 days, 18 hours, 51 minutes & 32 seconds away from finding out where Romeo will go lol. 

But who's counting, right?

https://countingdownto.com/countdown/romeo-to-iu-countdown-clock

10 hours ago, Yogi's Picnic Basket said:

Idk why people took it as a bad thing regardless. All a visit at this point would have done was reassure Romeo no FBI findings and that his decision was the right one, so his mind was already made up on Kansas and all it did was make it solid. It would mean a lot more negative things for Kansas IMHO. Romeo telling Self they were out and he made one last attempt, the Langford's were seriously worried about the FBI thing which isn't going to just go away so what could Self really say? I just find it funny a month ago we were 100% getting the last visit but people still assumed it wasn't us, but since it's Kansas it means it would be over and it's them? I know this recruitment has been long and stressful, but I just think Romeo has his mind up by now and nothing will change it unless something drastic happens. It's late April, every school knows what their roster is going to look like or a great idea of it. Vandy taking Moyer kind of gave me a sign that they know they're out unless I'm not counting someone towards their scholly situation.

I may be wrong, but I don't think people were worried that a BS visit from KansASS meant that KansASS was the choice, rather that Indiana was the choice and BS visiting could muck things up for us.

6 minutes ago, Walking Boot of Doom said:

If IU made a last minute visit we’d say one or both of two things:

1) Romeo wanted to respectfully inform Miller to his face that he was going elsewhere, or;
2) We’re making a last second desperate push because he’s going elsewhere.

So, assume the rumor is true and Kansas did visit, message board logic (which should never be applied in real life) tells you Romeo is still ours.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando BtownBanners

Self is a different beast though. Perhaps he made him an offer he can't refuse. 

Not that there was a visit so it's moot

If IU made a last minute visit we’d say one or both of two things:

1) Romeo wanted to respectfully inform Miller to his face that he was going elsewhere, or;
2) We’re making a last second desperate push because he’s going elsewhere.

So, assume the rumor is true and Kansas did visit, message board logic (which should never be applied in real life) tells you Romeo is still ours.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando BtownBanners
Tim Langford and NAHS Shannon have both came out and said there was no Kansas visit. Why do people keep assuming this happened. All because of some chatter on a KU fan forum.

Sent from my SM-G930P using BtownBanners mobile app

Tim Langford and NAHS Shannon have both came out and said there was no Kansas visit. Why do people keep assuming this happened. All because of some chatter on a KU fan forum.

Mine was just an argument who continue to believe there was a visit, despite the evidence you highlighted.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Mine was just an argument who continue to believe there was a visit, despite the evidence you highlighted.

I understood what you were saying. Most Iu fans would claim It’s “one last desperate” chance if archie did what self was rumored to have done. I actually hope he atleast tried to meet. Shows Self isn’t as confident as the Kansas scout board.

12 minutes ago, dallas44~ said:

I understood what you were saying. Most Iu fans would claim It’s “one last desperate” chance if archie did what self was rumored to have done. I actually hope he atleast tried to meet. Shows Self isn’t as confident as the Kansas scout board.

Exactly. Like Crean with Wilkes or Roy Williams with Zeller. A last ditch effort by both of those coaches with those two recruits. But yeah Self didn’t visit so it’s irrelevant

6 minutes ago, Fkfootball1 said:

That Kansas fan accomplished what he intended to accomplish. He sent some IU fans into a frenzy. He's not an insider. You can tell that right off the bat. I find it funny that we have IU beat writers and fans that work at New Albany High School. We have an IU radio show host here in Jeffersonville that is an Assistant coach for NAHS Basketball and is close with Romeo and his family. None of these people have a ton of inside info. But we are led to believe that people in a state 1000 miles away has insider information. Absolutely silly.

Sent from my SM-G935P using BtownBanners mobile app

Just driving this thread, and keeping things interesting for the home stretch.

Lol interesting in his own mind maybe.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

I know it's laughable. We are we still discussing this?

6 minutes ago, Bailey7878 said:

I know it's laughable. We are we still discussing this?

We're Jonesing for more Romeo news. We've gotten used to our habit being fed every day or so with our refresh highs. Since the euphoria surrounding the announcement of the 30th and 007's confidence has started to come down we're just wanting an occasional hit to keep us going until nearer announcement day.