Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2019) SF Keion Brooks Jr. to Kentucky

19 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I'm just a couple of hours away from starting I know that. Even though my 13 year old tells me I have a drinking problem when IU plays. He is so right too. 

Just pour your beer in a cup lol. Or if it’s liquor, quit taking shots. I know your pain though; all kids know their dads are watching Indiana b-ball when their dads start throwing things, screaming, or slurring words.

7 minutes ago, Bowhunter said:

I don’t see it.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Free Jake!!

I think the home appeal plus his friendships with TJD and Franklin win out. Archie and Co. answer the tough questions Keion and his family are asking, and Indiana lands their guy. 

Sean McNeil...

Does anyone know what level of interest Indiana has in him?

Tough kid who can score at will and bury threes all game long. 

He grew up in Union, Kentucky which is outside Cincinnati. I know West Virginia is hot on his trail and Huggins coached at UC. He’s also getting interest from Louisville (which is the same town where his first school, Bellarmine, is) and Dayton (where his current school, Sinclair, is). Even UK has been in contact with him, as has a ton of other schools. 

Does a JUCO player have to sit out a year if they leave after one year, or is he immediately available? Indiana could sure use a pure shooter, and this kid certainly fits that role well.

I’m over the whole KBJ recruitment. On to something perhaps more probable, I guess.

Anyone know anything more about the basketball future of Jerome Hunter? That could help  ease the sting of this, I believe. 

40 minutes ago, Stromboli said:

If he chooses Kentucky, let's hope the fanbase can keep it classy.  Getting ugly about it won't bring back Keion, and won't help us land any other recruits, either. 

I know USPS says that a team's record doesn't matter to recruits.  But man, there's some bad energy around this team right now.  I don't think too many people will fault Keion too much.  

Sure would be nice to get some good news on Jerome Hunter.  

You’re right, of course, about treatment of the kid. We’ll see how that goes. But here’s the thing: I want Brooks here because CAM wants him. And I would be disappointed losing a kid he wants to a school whose culture I admire. UM, Nova, UVA. That would bug me. But, I do not want, nor do I give the slightest of sh**s about losing, a kid who buys in to UK’s mercenary sensibility. Not for a single second. I don’t mean that to be critical of Brooks. If that is what he wants, congrats to him. But I don’t want it anywhere near AH.

2 minutes ago, HoosierDribbler said:

My dog hides when she sees the IU sweatshirt come out because the screaming and throwing follows.

It’s been a trying year for your dog, then. Poor thing. 

6 minutes ago, ray said:

Sean McNeil...

Does anyone know what level of interest Indiana has in him?

Tough kid who can score at will and bury threes all game long. 

He grew up in Union, Kentucky which is outside Cincinnati. I know West Virginia is hot on his trail and Huggins coached at UC. He’s also getting interest from Louisville (which is the same town where his first school, Bellarmine, is) and Dayton (where his current school, Sinclair, is). Even UK has been in contact with him, as has a ton of other schools. 

Does a JUCO player have to sit out a year if they leave after one year, or is he immediately available? Indiana could sure use a pure shooter, and this kid certainly fits that role well.

I’m over the whole KBJ recruitment. On to something perhaps more probable, I guess.

Anyone know anything more about the basketball future of Jerome Hunter? That could help  ease the sting of this, I believe. 

I don't think anyone including the staff knows about the future of Hunter. That is what I have been told. 

1 minute ago, Bowhunter said:

I hope your right, but my gut tells me otherwise.

Free Jake!!

Seems like there are only two possible outcomes, so one of will be right! I can see it going either way. UK made sense from the beginning to me, but we ended up in way better position than I thought possible.

11 minutes ago, Walking Boot of Doom said:

For next season? Sure, we won't add an excellent scorer.

However, I don't see it that way at all. IU will be in trouble if none of the guys on the roster develop. The entire team's improvement will have a much greater impact. We need TJD and Race to hold down the post and Phin to be an impactful PG.

I hope Archie can live up to his billing. Those players have to develop. I was enthused with Race the other day. Let’s hope he continues to play like that the rest of this season

What about my poor liver? it's been through a lot too.

Hey Chris, I know you have posted things look grim with brooks, but there are others that are saying it ain’t over that they are still hearing we are still in this. Are you hearing anything similar? I don’t care for crystal ball predictions but it seems there is still a lot up in the air at this point and a whole lot of freaking out for no reason!

Just now, reconmkd said:

Hey Chris, I know you have posted things look grim with brooks, but there are others that are saying it ain’t over that they are still hearing we are still in this. Are you hearing anything similar? I don’t care for crystal ball predictions but it seems there is still a lot up in the air at this point and a whole lot of freaking out for no reason!

As I have said today I think we are behind right now. I think a win tonight could help but not heard anything positive since before the UK visit.