Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Walking Boot of Doom

It's not easy being Tom Crean

I'm not a huge Crean fan, but want to see him flourish here! He's an incredible guy with a big heart, and want to see those types of guys succeed.

I think the next two years will be very telling. My biggest issues are: offensive sets, offensive zone, and the handling of the original off court issues. He's righting the ship in the last one. I won't go into more detail, but I hope he can get this team brought in to play every facet of the game. If that happens, we are an Elite 8 team without a doubt in my mind.

I'm not a huge Crean fan, but want to see him flourish here! He's an incredible guy with a big heart, and want to see those types of guys succeed.

I think the next two years will be very telling. My biggest issues are: offensive sets, offensive zone, and the handling of the original off court issues. He's righting the ship in the last one. I won't go into more detail, but I hope he can get this team brought in to play every facet of the game. If that happens, we are an Elite 8 team without a doubt in my mind.

I have my doubts. Can the team play at a high enough level on the defensive end for long enough segments to create separation. I have no doubts that when we're hitting perimeter shots we can play with and beat anyone in the country.

Anyone talking about Cal and Pitino being a coach here is hilarious. Crean has a number of kids drinking and smoking pot like college kids, and you're wishing for hookers and massive NCAA rules violations. Ok.

The comment was in turn to the poster saying Crean was the only coach that wanted the job.

As for Cal, what kids at UK have been in trouble? I admit I don't follow them closely other than he wins and wins a lot.

Also, seems like people are putting words in my mouth. I am not saying that Crean gets a pass for the job he has done. I am saying, base your arguments on the years where it was relevant and a reflection of the job he did not the sanctions. I doubt many of you people wanted him gone after year 1, 2, or 3. 

I never wanted him hired to begin with. Mediocre coach at Marquette, mediocre coach at Indiana.

He's a nice guy but the man is stubborn and refuses to change his methods in all these years. The man simply does not want to focus enough practice time to defense. If he keeps doing this the results are on him and needs to be fired after this season if he doesn't go to the elite eight.

I like that article a lot. My biggest complaints are our defense and substitution patterns especially when guys are hot. Offense is good and rebounding for the most part. We clean those areas up and quit recruiting foreign projects, I will be happy.

I agree with everything you said except I would add that the offense struggles in a half court set.

Please, please play thru the post just a little bit.

I can't remember if it was the first or second game, but I was watching for TB post ups, and at one point in the second half we had only gotten him the ball on the block 3 times the entire game. The result of those 3 post-ups?

1) Drew a shooting foul
2) Got and And 1
3) Dunk

TB might not the most polished offensively at this point, but not making a concerted effort to get him the ball on the block is insane to me.

I agree with everything you said except I would add that the offense struggles in a half court set.
Please, please play thru the post just a little bit.

TB might not the most polished offensively at this point, but not making a concerted effort to get him the ball on the block is insane to me.

It's been this way for years. Remember the win against UK? Dick Vitale about had an aneurysm saying we needed to get the ball to Cody. 

Agree on feeding the post.  Good things happened almost every time we got it down low.  I do think post-feeding--along with defense--- must have been a point of emphasis for the Creighton game. Although there is still a lot of room for improvement in both areas---they were much improved tonight.