Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

darkwingj

What are your expectations for the 2015-16 season?

Frankly, I don't think Glass fires Crean period. I think Glass is too much of a Crean fanboy, no matter how mediocre the results. I stand by my opinion that the only way we're getting rid of Crean is to get rid of Glass.

This I can mostly agree with. If we are coming off an elite 8, Glass isn't getting canned either.

The talk of us making a tourney run or CTC being gone sends me back to this time last year. We at all about how much we want him gone & set our personal standards for him, or he "gets the boot". If the results this year are undesirable, 98% of us would beg for him to be fired. If glass can't do that, I think glass should go as well. I don't care about his "incoming class" next year, that shouldn't play any factor unless it's a #1 class with a few top 10 players.

It amazes me that there's not a single prediction that we won't finish out of the Top 4 in the B1G, not a single prediction that says we miss the NCAA, and more than a dozen posts that suggest we fire the coach after next season. As pointed out in another post, what coach would want to come here if a team puts up a good season and the coach gets fired thereafter? It's just not realistic to think if we have a good season that CTC won't be back in 2016-17.

That said, I think we're going to finish in the Top 3 in the B1G (and possibly win the regular season if MSU can beat Maryland). I think we have a legit shot at our first B1G Tournament championship given that we played Maryland tough last year and the two teams are going to be similar this year (yes I know Maryland has added more reinforcements but they did lose at least one impact player in Dez Wells). I foresee us getting to the Elite 8, possibly Final 4. 

And because injuries always determine who doesn't win, if you're a contender, you have a shot to win it all. And IU will be a contender as long as the guys stay healthy.

It amazes me that there's not a single prediction that we won't finish out of the Top 4 in the B1G, not a single prediction that says we miss the NCAA, and more than a dozen posts that suggest we fire the coach after next season. As pointed out in another post, what coach would want to come here if a team puts up a good season and the coach gets fired thereafter? It's just not realistic to think if we have a good season that CTC won't be back in 2016-17.

That said, I think we're going to finish in the Top 3 in the B1G (and possibly win the regular season if MSU can beat Maryland). I think we have a legit shot at our first B1G Tournament championship given that we played Maryland tough last year and the two teams are going to be similar this year (yes I know Maryland has added more reinforcements but they did lose at least one impact player in Dez Wells). I foresee us getting to the Elite 8, possibly Final 4. 

And because injuries always determine who doesn't win, if you're a contender, you have a shot to win it all. And IU will be a contender as long as the guys stay healthy.

I fully comprehend what you are saying, but with this scenario, Crean only has to have a decent to good team every 3-4 years to stay employed in BTown. Seems to me to be the very definition of "mediocre". So much for Crean's "It's Indiana" rallying cry when he was introduced.

Hey, Tommy boy, if "It's Indiana", why don't you act like it and give us the program that we deserve?

I expect that I will be disappointed once again as we seem to fade towards the finish line every season.
But, I have more excitement about this season than I've had in awhile.

No firing crean won't scare off other coaches. They will know he's underachieved and believe they can do better. He's had more top 5 picks than sweet sixteen appearances. That's pathetic for a team that spends as much as it does

I don't think it'd scare anyone away either. It will show how important results on the floor are though. The incoming coach would have to understand that winning is the most important thing.

Winning RIGHT is the most important thing... Very big difference.

My expectations are good, my aspirations are Great.

Expect 3rd in the B1G, Semi-finals BTT, Sweet 16 March (depending on the draw).

Aspirations are B1G Title, 1st ever BTT Title, BANNER!

Winning RIGHT is the most important thing... Very big difference.

My expectations are good, my aspirations are Great.

Expect 3rd in the B1G, Semi-finals BTT, Sweet 16 March (depending on the draw).

Aspirations are B1G Title, 1st ever BTT Title, BANNER!

Perfect.

"Body of work."

Indiana is not a place where it's okay to be good every now and then; and unless Indiana wins the Big Ten and/or makes a deep NCAA run, there's no reason to keep a coach who's been here 7 years without building a decent resume.   And you'd be surprised if you knew the list of names who would take the job tomorrow if offered.  One I know 100% is Pitino.

Does Glass want to win consistently or stand by his guy and hope?   No matter what happens this season, that'll be a very fair question.    I think we'll be very good this season.  I don't think there's any question.   But like I said, it's not about one season.   It's about being here for 7 years and having just one team even meet expectations.  It's about finishing 8th and 7th in Crean's 6th and 7th seasons at Indiana.   It's about damaged relationships with local high school and a few AAU coaches.   It's about a guy who talks, and talks, and talks some more.  Mostly in platitudes; and hasn't accomplished anything, hasn't built anything, and hasn't won anything.

Body.  Of.  Work.

I don't think it'd scare anyone away either. It will show how important results on the floor are though. The incoming coach would have to understand that winning is the most important thing.

Winning consistently.  That's the most important thing.

And the replacement is still a one man list if there's any chance he would come back to college.  And I think it's a matter of "when," not "if."   I'm with HoosierTrav.

Winning consistently. That's the most important thing.

And the replacement is still a one man list if there's any chance he would come back to college. And I think it's a matter of "when," not "if." I'm with HoosierTrav.

I don't think Stevens is coming back. He's going to become the next Pop. Be able to win with a system. But we should have a very short list and incredibly high standards for that coach. But my dream coach is still Stevens.

I don't think Stevens is coming back. He's going to become the next Pop. Be able to win with a system. But we should have a very short list and incredibly high standards for that coach. But my dream coach is still Stevens.

I don't think so, or maybe I hope not.   I think the NBA wears coaches out, and I think Brad's a guy who likes to teach, mold, and strategize; and the NBA is such a players' league, I see him coming back to college at some point.   I just hope Duke doesn't get him before we do, and I hope whoever the AD is when he's ready has the checkbook out immediately.