Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IU Hoosier41

OFFICIAL: Ferrell returns for Senior Season

I have lost no respect for Yogi. He weighed the decision properly. He was willing to make the Foundation happy. He canceled when circumstances arose.

i've lost all respect for anybody who's lost an ounce of respect for yogi.  if anything, i've gained a new level of respect for the young man.  this speaks to his desire to again be the leader of this team, willing further investment in the program and classes, and hunger for another march challenge after early losses to syracuse and wichita st.  if he had decided to go pro, i would have completely understood as it's probably the choice i would have made.  would i have agreed to announce my decision at a restaurant in front of media -- doubt it.  would i have used damn near every available hour leading up to the deadline to ponder all options and ramifications of this difficult life decision -- definitely.  good for him and his parents for not giving in to the pressure to expedite the process to ease the fanbase's lack of patience and empathy.

could still use a point guard.  i'm not ready to call this team a final four contender until i see a legitimate defense and how quickly bryant acclimates to the college game.  one thing is for sure: big ten will be the strongest conference in the country, as usual.

Good news for all involved. Not sure why the big production, but good news nevertheless. I expect great things next season; and I expect a recruiting focus on top local (Midwest) kids who will see this team and where it's going.

Now...who goes? Priller and April? Someone else? Next season, Ferrell, Zeisloft, and probably Williams and Blackmon are gone, and perhaps another defection or two. The 2016 recruiting class is huge and there is a ton of talent in Indiana, Illinois, and Ohio. Love the news, and all it does is excite me for the next 12 months.

April will be gone. Heard it's been in the works for awhile. He was moving on regardless if yogi came back or not.

I didn't like the announcement idea but all is forgiven and forgotten in my book. This is very exciting news for the players and fans alike of the Hoosiers we should be strong and give tom crean a real chance to prove himself without any excuses. I cant wait for next season to get started!

Just read this:

Yogi is one of five all-time Hoosiers to have 1,000 career points, 400 career assists and 300 career rebounds.

And people say he isn't one of the all-time best Hoosiers. Not his fault he's been on 1 capable team...

And people say he isn't one of the all-time best Hoosiers. Not his fault he's been on 1 capable team...

I will have a hard time calling him an all time great unless we do more in the postseason this year. He is right there on the precipice and has stats to support a claim but the more important stats are accomplished in the postseason.

Just a thought... Kinda spitballing here... Maybe, just maybe, yogi was just planning this for friends and family and not necessarily for the media. Maybe the media leaked it prematurely? Maybe he didn't expect it to be the big deal it was shown to be? Maybe a source leaked it without him knowing or wanting them to? The only respect I lose is for the media, who continue to degrade themselves in an attempt to get the latest news, RIGHT NOW. Likely he scheduled it as a planned event, similar to Lebron's "announcement". Without the media being this involved with every single thing every single minute, none of these press conferences and "exclusives" would be what they are today. It's one of the main problems of the internet age, and one I could do without. Consider this: Aaron Hernandez was tried, and convicted well before the trial took place. The media took it, like they do everything, and ran with it. The fact that Hernandez did do it, or was there, gives the media a pass on this one. But what if he didn't? I know I'll have some arguments on this one, but I think the media is making things worse in the world on so many levels. As for yogi, I'm glad he's back. I haven't lost respect for a kid that was torn between 2 choices, and scheduled an announcement for it. I'm pretty surprised people have lost respect for him. He's just doing what his peers have done and what was encouraged within the media.

If he produces next year like he has the last 3 or better, but the team doesn't succeed...what else can he do? Team success helps a case for "best players" lists, but sometimes a singular player does as much as he can and doesn't get any help. I refuse to knock someone for that.

Big big gap though between the All Time Great camp and knocking people. I might not knock him either but the all time greats have postseason success.

Do you prefer Brady or Manning. Montana or Marino.

Just a thought... Kinda spitballing here... Maybe, just maybe, yogi was just planning this for friends and family and not necessarily for the media. Maybe the media leaked it prematurely? Maybe he didn't expect it to be the big deal it was shown to be? Maybe a source leaked it without him knowing or wanting them to? The only respect I lose is for the media, who continue to degrade themselves in an attempt to get the latest news, RIGHT NOW. Likely he scheduled it as a planned event, similar to Lebron's "announcement". Without the media being this involved with every single thing every single minute, none of these press conferences and "exclusives" would be what they are today. It's one of the main problems of the internet age, and one I could do without. Consider this: Aaron Hernandez was tried, and convicted well before the trial took place. The media took it, like they do everything, and ran with it. The fact that Hernandez did do it, or was there, gives the media a pass on this one. But what if he didn't? I know I'll have some arguments on this one, but I think the media is making things worse in the world on so many levels. As for yogi, I'm glad he's back. I haven't lost respect for a kid that was torn between 2 choices, and scheduled an announcement for it. I'm pretty surprised people have lost respect for him. He's just doing what his peers have done and what was encouraged within the media.

My comments are not necessarily directed at The Yogi Circus, but give me a freaking break. Sure the media plays a role in the madness, but it's largely because as fans we want to know as soon as possible. And these players see the rabid feeding frenzy and play right into it. Had Yogi or Lebron or Joe Athlete just released the information via press release, the fans would get the information that they crave and the media would be shut out of the cycle. The players are the integral piece, and it's all about THEM hyping themselves. Don't fool yourselves, even for a nanosecond that the players aren't involved In whipping up the madness. As further proof of this, I give you ABC, 20/20 and Bruce Jenner.

Sent from my mobile device via Tapatalk 3.2.1.

My comments are not particularly directed at The Yogi Circus, but give me a freaking break. Sure the media plays a role in the madness, but it's largely because as fans we want to know as soon as possible. And these players see the rabid feeding frenzy and play right into it. Had Yogi or Lebron or Joe Athlete just released the information via press release, the fans would get the information that they crave and the media would be shut out of the cycle. The players are the integral piece, and it's all about THEM hyping themselves. Don't fool yourselves, even for a nanosecond that the players aren't involved In whipping up the madness. As further proof of this, I give you ABC, 20/20 and Bruce Jenner.

completely agree the athletes hype it up also. I was not, in any way shape or form directing my statement towards any person on here. Is everything a media frenzy? Yes. Do I as an individual crave it? No, I don't. I have been a Hoosier fan my whole life but I'm not more or less a fan now with more information, than I was in the days where there was less. I agree that the Bruce Jenner chronicles or anything else is promoted not just by media but by Bruce. My point is there is too much news, period. Just one sign of the times that I, as a person, don't really enjoy so much. I realize the media has a job to do. I just wish they would do it less. Just an opinion, dude. That's all

completely agree the athletes hype it up also. I was not, in any way shape or form directing my statement towards any person on here. Is everything a media frenzy? Yes. Do I as an individual crave it? No, I don't. I have been a Hoosier fan my whole life but I'm not more or less a fan now with more information, than I was in the days where there was less. I agree that the Bruce Jenner chronicles or anything else is promoted not just by media but by Bruce. My point is there is too much news, period. Just one sign of the times that I, as a person, don't really enjoy so much. I realize the media has a job to do. I just wish they would do it less. Just an opinion, dude. That's all

Again, I don't blame the media as much as the players and, to a lesser extent, the fans. The media is doing their job and giving the fans the news that they want. I place this mostly on the players. Not only do they control the news cycle, they could easily shut it down by just not scheduling these types of media 'events'.

Yogi's dad issues a press release about the announcement....

I'm pretty surprised people have lost respect for him. He's just doing what his peers have done and what was encouraged within the media.

As the old saying goes, if all his peers jumped off a bridge, should Yogi do likewise? Can you imagine the media coverage if he did?

Right choice IMO. Only can help his draft stock (which is borderline at best right now) and has a chance to lead this team to amazing heights. Tons of personal accolades available, as well. I'm sure he'd love to make a run at B1G POY. 

Again, I don't blame the media as much as the players and, to a lesser extent, the fans. The media is doing their job and giving the fans the news that they want. I place this mostly on the players. Not only do they control the news cycle, they could easily shut it down by just not scheduling these types of media 'events'.

once again, that's your opinion. I can see where you are coming from, but I also think the media crosses the line, as do the players and fans. My idea was that all of the news takes away some luster. It's just a sign of the times that I personally don't like.