Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Bryan Medema

Coaching Carousel

Seth Davis name dropping Brad Stevens for Texas job.
https://mobile.twitter.com/SethDavisHoops/status/582929579079159808

This board would full on meltdown if that happened. But honestly this chatter gives me hope until I realize Glass is still here to. We need 1. Glass to go first 2. Crean to go next. Follow Michigans blueprint and go get your man.

All this chatter over Stevens and I just don't see it happening for at least a year.  And then, I'm worried that he and his family have enjoyed their time on the east coast and that a Duke or North Carolina opening pops up and zap, he's gone.  Duke because of the prestige and history of the program; North Carolina because what better coach would you want to clean up their academic pig sty and who would bring them immediate credibility to restore the image of their program.

All this chatter over Stevens and I just don't see it happening for at least a year.  And then, I'm worried that he and his family have enjoyed their time on the east coast and that a Duke or North Carolina opening pops up and zap, he's gone.  Duke because of the prestige and history of the program; North Carolina because what better coach would you want to clean up their academic pig sty and who would bring them immediate credibility to restore the image of their program.

Brad and Tracy are both Hoosiers, and Boston had 985" of snow this winter (okay...only 147", but it probably SEEMED like more).   I would bet there are things they don't care for out there.   They're relatively private people, too.....that's not something the head coach of the Celtics can be.   If he loves the NBA and that's where he wants to be, that's likely where he'll stay.   If he wants to be a college coach; Indiana makes the most sense for him, and the administration needs to hire him if and when he's available, no matter what the cost is.

Brad and Tracy are both Hoosiers, and Boston had 985" of snow this winter (okay...only 147", but it probably SEEMED like more). I would bet there are things they don't care for out there. They're relatively private people, too.....that's not something the head coach of the Celtics can be. If he loves the NBA and that's where he wants to be, that's likely where he'll stay. If he wants to be a college coach; Indiana makes the most sense for him, and the administration needs to hire him if and when he's available, no matter what the cost is.

That "relatively private people" part is what worries me. The head coach at IU is under immense pressure and a withering spotlight. If you value your privacy, this may not be the job for you.

That "relatively private people" part is what worries me. The head coach at IU is under immense pressure and a withering spotlight. If you value your privacy, this may not be the job for you.

I should have better clarified that.   It's far easier to be private in Bloomington or the surrounding state forests than it is in Boston.  Bob Knight was also a very private person.  So was Mike Davis.   He's the best young coach in America, according to countless "experts" along with millions of basketball fans.  He's a public figure now, anywhere he goes.   I actually meant that comment as a positive for IU's chances someday.

I'm convinced Duke replaces Coach K with an in-house person. By in-house I also mean his former players that are head coaches elsewhere.

It was reported earlier that Travis Ford is out at Ok State. I just saw this tweet calling it false.

https://twitter.com/JonRothstein/status/583050992184369152

I still find it strange Fred didn't word his vote of confidence like this one. He left a lot of grey area which tells me Crean better get Yogi/Troy/JBJ to stay and possibly sign Bryant or he's gone.

In a sense this is a good strategy if he is going to go after Stevens and doesn't view the crop of college coaches as compelling enough to push Crean out right after the season. Can't really seriously talk to Stevens for 3 weeks anyway. May as well keep Crean around to see if he can keep the core and sign Bryant and Maker.

I think the next year at Indiana will come into focus after the next 3 weeks.