Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

HoosierPT

I want Tom Crean to stay

You're assuming Marshall can translate. Crean has shown he recruits Burger Boys. Marshall maybe can.

And he has been all over the map with them. Who cares if we get McDonald's All Americans if he isn't good enough to actually get good results out of them consistently

If timing =money. Like $4 million+ for 6 years. Not happening. We've got to deal in reality.

Crean almost makes $4 million after his base salary and extras are met. So $$ isn't the issue. Donovan has a senior to be in high school. Stevens is only in year 2 with Boston and they have made him some promises. They made him promises last off season that didn't happen. They will get another chance this summer.

For one Hanner still isn't actually very good. Dude hasn't shown much development from his freshman year. Doesn't really do much offensively besides jump, fundamentally he sucks defensively. He still has a long ways to go. Holt, and OG aren't four or five star recruits. Holt isn't ranked in scout or ESPN and is a 3 star on rivals. OG is a 3 star on all three. I actually think we land TB. But it is funny you're already counting him in a pro-Crean argument.

Have to disagree regarding Hanner. Despite the suspensions and injuries, he's shown progress. Not what you'd expect from a 4/5 star recruit, but every years he's improved something whether it be his ability to catch the ball or defensive positioning or avoiding fouls, his game is better. I'll be interested to see how he improves this offseason.

Have to disagree regarding Hanner. Despite the suspensions and injuries, he's shown progress. Not what you'd expect from a 4/5 star recruit, but every years he's improved something whether it be his ability to catch the ball or defensive positioning or avoiding fouls, his game is better. I'll be interested to see how he improves this offseason.

He has improved...... but he still isn't much more than a great athlete on the court. And his defensive positioning was about as bad as it could get a year ago, there wasn't anyway it could get worse

Crean has our only Big Ten title in 20 years and a team returning that even his detractors say should contend next season.  Let's hire a mid major coach with less success nationally and assume that is going to improve.

The same mid major coach who just beat a Big Ten team coached by Tom Crean?

What if it's not a quality recruiting class? I'm with you if he has a quality class. It shows consistancy can be achieved. He is clearly on the hot seat and recruiting for the following year will be difficult bc of it. He will have to replace the core with a new core. Which means it has to be a good class. Not one that will take 3 years to develop, some of the guys have to hit the ground running and contribute right away.

It has to be a good class. Read through Glass' comments it said as much. Basically his press release said from here on out Crean's equity is gone and he'll be judged based in each individual year.

It has to be a good class. Read through Glass' comments it said as much. Basically his press release said from here on out Crean's equity is gone and he'll be judged based in each individual year.

I know what Glass said. I was wanting to know your opinion is, unless you are Glass. :)

We are basically on the same page then. I'm just not jumping over to the support Tom Crean side until he takes us deep in March,has a quality recruiting class signed for 2016, then can keep us towards the top of the conference while the new core is young.

If timing =money. Like $4 million+ for 6 years. Not happening. We've got to deal in reality.

heard the number could far exceed 4 million. Unless you are very highly connected, don't say 4+ million won't happen. It could. We are paying Crean 3.7 and defending his results. A hire to ignite the fanbase could be worth much more.

There may be a reason the # of Crean Haters are so high to create a mob? It's not like we decided to join forces at a Sunday brunch.

It's not just here either. Every fan site, Twiitter, Facebook, etc...

His actions and results have created this. It's not the fans fault as some like to think.

I'm not a Crean hater. Nice guy. Adequate recruiter. Just not the guy for #IUBB. There's a big difference between hating and stating that he's not the guy going forward.

Sent from my mobile device via Tapatalk 3.2.1.

Crean has proven he can build a #1 ranked team, has proven that he can win the Big Ten title outright, has proven that he can make a deep tourney run. Crean has proven that he can recruit McDonalds All Americans each and every year, has proven that he can do all that with a clean program and a 1000 perfect APR. Who else is available that can check all those boxes?

But he has never proven the most important thing.   That he can win on even a semi consistent basis.

You're misconstruing that year. We lost to OSU but then went into Ann Arbor to beat a national runner up Michigan team with the league title on the line. Also won at Michigan State and Ohio State. It sucked to lose to Cuse but it was a great year. The best we've had in 2 decades.

Thats all good and fun but it isn't good enough. I feel your expectations and standards for what IU should be are too low. We need to be a consistent contender for a national championship (ala Duke, UNC, UK, KU, etc). With Crean at the helm, what have you seen, other than one "great" year, that tells you he has what it takes to get us there? 

Crean has had 7 long years to get us back to winning big and sells an 8th place finish as improvement while continuing to blame youth and everything else as to why he can't get it done. Other schools with less or no history of winning wack their coaches because of what Crean produces on a regular basis. I want Tom Crean to go.

I want Crean to be the guy so bad. I'm willing to admit we are watching a better total product than we have in 20 years. I'm 32 and just barely remember being happy that "my team" won it all in 87. This season hurt me though as a fan down the stretch. The bailey/cheaney years, then coverdale/moye/jeffries... Then head over heels for DJ white.. Then hulls and crew walked through the door and finally everything about IU was right again once Zeller showed up. Now I'm just not sure were we are heading.
Sometimes I think we over estimate how good our team may be in the crazy fandom we all share. Or maybe we never changed ourpredictions or outlook once fisher left and Trey Lyles broke our hearts.

I don't know if I'm ready to kick Crean to the curb. Especially for Archie Miller. To me that is a high risk move that could hurt the program even more... Or maybe he turns into big bro v2.0 I just think we should leave those risks alone. Otherwise, lets take a breather and get wild about football. Then come back and hope we are rooting for a preseason 25 team again. I can get behind that if we don't have a sure fire hire

He has improved...... but he still isn't much more than a great athlete on the court. And his defensive positioning was about as bad as it could get a year ago, there wasn't anyway it could get worse

This is all true, but I was encouraged by what I saw this year. He may yet turn out to be a decent contributor next year.

These slow news days are tough. Lots of speculation. I expect to hear some news one way or another over the next 2 weeks. Looking forward to finding out so i can get my mind around it.

How about another extension lol?

"His ability to catch the basketball"...