Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IU Hoosier41

2015 #IUBB Offseason Thread

I think I disagree with all 4 of their top-4.

Notre Dame is the closest to us, I could swap between the two. Maybe give it to them for recent success and coaching.

Then Purdue then Butler. Purdue has put together a pretty stellar team in 4 positions, but the biggest hole is in PG and you just can't have PG or C be your holes and expect someone not to fill them.

Butler and Valpo will likely have very similar years. I'd tie them probably.

That guy's an IndyStar guy not named Osterman so I'm just assuming he's a Buttler fanboy anyways.

That guy's an IndyStar guy not named Osterman so I'm just assuming he's a Buttler fanboy anyways.

That is one thing I don't understand since moving to Indianapolis. So many IU/Butler fans. Can't have both in my opinion, but I am just a dumb hillybilly from Orange County, Indiana.

That is one thing I don't understand since moving to Indianapolis. So many IU/Butler fans. Can't have both in my opinion, but I am just a dumb hillybilly from Orange County, Indiana.

IF IU really became a top 5 program again you would see much less of that. I've been IU from birth but kinda hard not to root for your hometown kid Matt Howard in 2 straight national title games when IU's program was a dumpster fire.

Just saw Glenesk's in-state rankings.  IMO he's just stirring---but we have brought some of this on ourselves with our recent lackluster seasons.  I hope his list is blown up and pinned to the bulletin board in the locker room and I hope the players get fired up by reading this type of garbage.  But--instead of whining about it, we are just going to have to prove him wrong the old fashioned way--by settling it on the Court with W's. Go Hoosiers!

CBS top games before Christmas

Wednesday, Dec. 2: Indiana (13) at Duke (7).

Indiana can win this game. IU should have the offensive acuity to keep it interesting in Durham. Not predicting a Hoosiers win, but before you automatically think "Duke, reigning champs. Indiana, Tom Crean," know that the Hoosiers should be better with the ball than Duke this season. Plus, IU has a lot more experience. ACC/Big Ten challenge comes through again.

Saturday, Dec. 19: Indiana (13) vs. Notre Dame (20).

Few one-on-one guard matchups will be as physical and fast as Demetrius Jackson vs. Yogi Ferrell. Love the Crossroads Classic. Notre Dame isn't going to be as high-octane as last season, but it's still going to be NCAA Tournament-good. Irish can win this one, absolutely.

http://mweb.cbssports.com/ncaab/eye-on-college-basketball/25368581/the-30-best-college-hoops-non-conference-games-before-christmas

Read that article this afternoon; they also added IU v Kansas as a footnote with other possible early season tournament possibilities.

P.S. Your new name is awesome though I prefer it be called the "IUBB boot presented by Ken Nunn".

CBS top games before Christmas

Wednesday, Dec. 2: Indiana (13) at Duke (7).

Indiana can win this game. IU should have the offensive acuity to keep it interesting in Durham. Not predicting a Hoosiers win, but before you automatically think "Duke, reigning champs. Indiana, Tom Crean," know that the Hoosiers should be better with the ball than Duke this season. Plus, IU has a lot more experience. ACC/Big Ten challenge comes through again.

Saturday, Dec. 19: Indiana (13) vs. Notre Dame (20).

Few one-on-one guard matchups will be as physical and fast as Demetrius Jackson vs. Yogi Ferrell. Love the Crossroads Classic. Notre Dame isn't going to be as high-octane as last season, but it's still going to be NCAA Tournament-good. Irish can win this one, absolutely.

http://mweb.cbssports.com/ncaab/eye-on-college-basketball/25368581/the-30-best-college-hoops-non-conference-games-before-christmas

Wow that duke game is so close, this year has really flown by....anyways I just don't see us beating duke but that's me. I think the Norte dame game is winnable but we will have to play to our max the whole game to get a W.

Read that article this afternoon; they also added IU v Kansas as a footnote with other possible early season tournament possibilities.

P.S. Your new name is awesome though I prefer it be called the "IUBB boot presented by Ken Nunn".

Will consider 364 days from now.