Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

LIHoosier

The 2015 NCAA Tournament Thread

Izzactly. Dude is an unbelievable coach.

RUMORS: Indiana said he could coach the Hoosiers if he reached the Sweet 16. Guess it's official!!!!!

(This is a joke. Relax peeps)

Do not joke like that, for our sake. We'll be stuck with Crean because Glass is one of the few people Crean can still sucker into thinking he's a good coach.

Duke is proving among other teams that all u need is a 8 man rotation to win CBB games. Now granted, injury concerns would mean you need more depth for the length of a season but for an individual game, 8!

But those wacky games when Crean plays 12 and 3 of those guys are random as heck for 2-4 minutes is ridiculous.

Edit- what it tells me is we don't have a solid 8 he can trust. And that's an even bigger problem than wacky substitution concerns.

Playing good D is all about heart. Most of the kids playing college ball could score the ball well in HS, which is why they are there. But to play good D, you have to want it...you have to want your opponent not to score more than your opponent wants to score. You also need to study your opponent...know their strenghts, weaknesses, and tendencies and you have to force them to do what they don't want to do and make them uncomfortable.

Playing good D will not get you the spot light in the newspaper the next day or on SportsCenter, but winning championships will...and Defense wins championships.

This is where Oladipo took a huge leap.  He had all the ability in the world but when he started studying the opponents tendencies he started pickpocketing Craft for a personal 4 point run to close halves.  I wonder if some of our players have ever watched film or even care to watch it.

my respect level for Izzo and Bo Ryan climbs exponentially over the last 10-12 years. I always thought Bo Ryan was a flash in the pan but man!!! These 2 teach solid fundamentals.

Yeah the last couple of years I have really started to respect Bo and how he has adjusted his coaching style.