Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Fulkme15

Will 1 more win do it?

Dream scenario for me would be us barely getting in, say a 16th seed, paired against Kentucky in the Midwest.

We come out, and despite our lack of defense, lack of free throw accuracy, and lack of coaching, we have one of those nights where we could almost heave the ball over our heads, backwards, and hit nothing be three after three. We win on a last second Nick Zeitzloft shot, and as we're witnessing a heaping mass of humanity at center court for having ended Kentucky's unbeaten season, John Calipari, having just shaken Tom Crean's hand, is trampled to death.

Yeah, that'd be good.

This deserves a Like This and one of those Green Up Arrows

As of last night (March 9) Joe Lunardi had us as the very last team in (#68 of 68). One win might or might not be enough. Miami could win a couple of games in the ACC and go around us if we win only one. Beating Maryland, a team we played very well against in both earlier meetings, would, land us in The Dance for sure.

To those who say, "What's the point?" I say the point is getting there. We've shown we can play with good teams even if we have our awful nights. We could get on a run and go beyond one or two games if we do. We are not an easy team to play for teams that have never seen us.

Dream scenario for me would be us barely getting in, say a 16th seed, paired against Kentucky in the Midwest.

We come out, and despite our lack of defense, lack of free throw accuracy, and lack of coaching, we have one of those nights where we could almost heave the ball over our heads, backwards, and hit nothing be three after three. We win on a last second Nick Zeitzloft shot, and as we're witnessing a heaping mass of humanity at center court for having ended Kentucky's unbeaten season, John Calipari, having just shaken Tom Crean's hand, is trampled to death.

Yeah, that'd be good.

While a 16 is impossible for an at-large team, it is possible we could do well in the B1G and move up to a 9, which would give us the 1 as a second-round opponent, totally making this scenario as realistic as our dreams can make it.

As of last night (March 9) Joe Lunardi had us as the very last team in (#68 of 68). One win might or might not be enough. Miami could win a couple of games in the ACC and go around us if we win only one. Beating Maryland, a team we played very well against in both earlier meetings, would, land us in The Dance for sure.

To those who say, "What's the point?" I say the point is getting there. We've shown we can play with good teams even if we have our awful nights. We could get on a run and go beyond one or two games if we do. We are not an easy team to play for teams that have never seen us.

Agreed, any team that can shoot 50% from deep while making 18 is extremely dangerous we still need to play some sort of defense.  We've also not shot the ball that well in quite some time.  We've also been turning it over at a pretty high rate.  If we are to beat NW someone will have to slow down Dez Wells or MD will wax the floor with us. 

Only chance at a run...  high% from three + low TOs + stopping someone a few times = possible wins

Sorry for the tenor of this comment: isn't it exasperating to still be talking about whether we're in or out?; how many wins it will take to secure a spot?; if we deserve to be "in" at all? I'm not trying to live in the past---this team, while undersized, had good potential this year. I don't believe they lost 8/12 because of fatigue or hitting the wall. They appeared ill coached and unable to execute in critical situations. In my opinion, this falls on CTC. If getting "in" means another year of the same general performance, I would rather miss out and go in a different direction. Everyone on this post is passionate about IU basketball and seems worn out by inconsistency. The players and the fan base deserve better.

In all honesty, at the beginning of the year many predicted bubble or worse. We are right where we thought we'd be this year, just arrived on a roller coaster.

To add to that

Last Four In

LSU has a game against Auburn tomorrow.  That would be a bad loss.

Ole Miss plays South Carolina tonight.  Wouldn't be a bad loss but another loss late in the season.

OK State plays Oklahoma.  Again not a bad loss and I think OK State is in.

BYU should be in.

Texas plays ISU.  Don't think a loss drops them.

Temple plays Memphis tomorrow.  I think a loss drops them out.

All this matters very little if IU loses vs. NW or just FREAKING WINS!