Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

HoosierAloha

Spew your crap about Crean here

Lol jeez... Too many hurt feelings these days. I swear IU basketball is cursed

Why would you even come to this thread. It is clear you're going to have an issue with it. But instead you have to make some snide ass comment in your self righteous crusade against most of the posters here

No hurt feelings just disrespectful posters who can't respect the forum or other posters.  It would make the board a lot more enjoyable if you could go into a thread to find a discussion about the original topic.

On this topic...

Crean does somethings well others not so much.  Our fanbase focuses on the not so much a lot more than the few things he does well.  The AD believes he does enough stuff well to keep him. 

Why would you even come to this thread. It is clear you're going to have an issue with it. But instead you have to make some snide ass comment in your self righteous crusade against most of the posters here

You don't have a damn clue about me. Take everything in a literal way. Go beyond the obvious. I know that's hard for some of the fan boys

Ok. That's the most ridiculous comment thus far. I've enjoyed myself again tonight, but there's no point continuing this dialogue after this one.

Aren't u a fan? Mind blown!

Sometimes you have to be ridiculous to get a point across. Clearly you guys can't understand my perspective. I place a high value in knowledge and real understanding. It's not a bad thing fans don't have it; how could they? Being a fan is just following a program. Making these decisions is so much more.

I'm not one to try and flame things up with posters, but holy effin cow, ssq must be Crean's cousin. 

Doesn't it get tiring repeating the same arguments in circles to the point of nausea? 

We should all know what to expect under Crean by now. Go about your lives, watch the games and recruiting, muse on the topics brought to the board, but don't let your blood boil over it. 

Then, if you're so inclined, throw a party when a new coach is brought in. 

I'm not one to try and flame things up with posters, but holy effin cow, ssq must be Crean's cousin.

Doesn't it get tiring repeating the same arguments in circles to the point of nausea?

I do this in reference to that very thing. The critics repeat the same talking points and catch phrase jokes over and over and act like they're geniuses because they can see that IU basketball isn't good. As if that takes some kind of acumen

I do this in reference to that very thing. The critics repeat the same talking points and catch phrase jokes over and over and act like they're geniuses because they can see that IU basketball isn't good. As if that takes some kind of acumen

I completely get that man, but this isn't your personal crusade. Let them believe what they want, it will be good for your blood pressure to not get into these back and forths. Its futile. Opinions are hard to change and its not your job to adjust them. 

I mean, its a free country and it certainly gives me some interesting things to read. I just feel kinda bad for you, the mods, and people that get really heated about it haha

I completely get that man, but this isn't your personal crusade. Let them believe what they want, it will be good for your blood pressure to not get into these back and forths. Its futile. Opinions are hard to change and its not your job to adjust them.

I mean, its a free country and it certainly gives me some interesting things to read. I just feel kinda bad for you, the mods, and people that get really heated about it haha

Oh, I'm not heated. I really don't care that much haha. I just think it's sad how people hold expectations from years ago over the head of this coach and these kids and refuse to acknowledge that they've actually been pretty successful.

It's not personal at all; it's no crusade. I'm really not tied to Crean or the program. I have no problem with the opinions of others or the other side. But there are many sides and I feel the positive side is persecuted around here. Because all anyone has to do to me is bring up any number of things (Syracuse, Marquette resume, etc) and here comes the cavalry. Kind of a tough spot to be in so you're right, it's a waste of time for me to express my thoughts. I'm clearly not the right kind of IU fan. 

My problem with other opinions is when they are rooted in inaccuracies and revisionist history. It's frustrating.

Oh, I'm not heated. I really don't care that much haha. I just think it's sad how people hold expectations from years ago over the head of this coach and these kids and refuse to acknowledge that they've actually been pretty successful.

It's not personal at all; it's no crusade. I'm really not tied to Crean or the program. I have no problem with the opinions of others or the other side. But there are many sides and I feel the positive side is persecuted around here. Because all anyone has to do to me is bring up any number of things (Syracuse, Marquette resume, etc) and here comes the cavalry. Kind of a tough spot to be in so you're right, it's a waste of time for me to express my thoughts. I'm clearly not the right kind of IU fan. Maybe if I was white and cared about off ball screening

My problem with other opinions is when they are rooted in inaccuracies and revisionist history. It's frustrating.

I like that you post your opinion and that it often creates a ton of conversation. I check this board neurotically. I just think you should pick your battles is all.

And with that, I will exit this thread haha