Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

HoosierAloha

Spew your crap about Crean here

Would we still be having this conversation without Cody Zeller? Landing Cody is and will be the single biggest accomplishment of Creans career. Made it look like Crean was high level for a while and literally made him millions of dollars. I've said it before but if Cody isnt getting royalties from Creans contract its a shame. He is responsible for it.

Not really. I actually preferred our pace. We were top 20 in offense and defense. Only other team that year that could say that was UL. That year our February/March was UL January into Feb. We played our worst ball at the wrong time. I think that does fall on Crean, but I do not prefer Bo Ryan's team to that team.

Bo Ryan hasn't shown me anything this year that says he can compete with UK or Duke. Like every other year he will not sniff a title.

It's difficult to look at Wisconsin, then look at ourselves, and not wish we'd be more like them. However, the reality is that Bo has a nice team, and only a nice team, that in reasonably week league, can contend for a title, year in and year out. This is not the BIG of old, and there aren't a lot of elite teams here these days. IU, Illinois, Iowa, Purdue, Ohio State, Michigan, hell, even Michigan State are shells of their former selves. Throw in Minnesota, Penn State, Northwestern, Nebraska and Rutgers and you have the makings of a very mediocre league. Only Wisconsin and newcomer Maryland appear to have any level of vitality to their respective programs. However, If we could magically replace our current team with any of our seventies or eighties squads, (even during some of those down years), I have no doubt that we'd throttle Bo Ryan's current Wisconsin squads.

It's difficult to look at Wisconsin, then look at ourselves, and not wish we'd be more like them. However, the reality is that Bo has a nice team, and only a nice team, that in reasonably week league, can contend for a title, year in and year out. This is not the BIG of old, and there aren't a lot of elite teams here these days. IU, Illinois, Iowa, Purdue, Ohio State, Michigan, hell, even Michigan State are shells of their former selves. Throw in Minnesota, Penn State, Northwestern, Nebraska and Rutgers and you have the makings of a very mediocre league. Only Wisconsin and newcomer Maryland appear to have any level of vitality to their respective programs. However, If we could magically replace our current team with any of our seventies or eighties squads, (even during some of those down years), I have no doubt that we'd throttle Bo Ryan's current Wisconsin squads.

Exactly where I am.

You removed the racial Aspect of your post! Don't BS me! You want to go we will go!

It'd be freakin' sweet if we had a grudge match room that linked to a boxing/wrestling/UFC online fighting game! Our avatars could just slug it out! There's an IU Marketing idea for you lol!

It'd be freakin' sweet if we had a grudge match room that linked to a boxing/wrestling/UFC online fighting game! Our avatars could just slug it out! There's an IU Marketing idea for you lol!

Lol! Yeah that's funny.