Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

seanmm1971

The sky is falling

He was a lowly rated 3* when he committed, that much I do remember. I don't remember, however, Jurkin EVER being a top 25 prospect.

he was the etherington of the movement that helped get perea here. Thankful that worked out

There are so many what if's around IU basketball it makes my head hurt. No friggin way should we be without a true big. We are better than anyone thought we would be at this point in the season. We are winning games we should lose and losing games we should win. I have said it before and I will say it again I think the program is cursed.

If we fall on our faces down the stretch and don't make the big dance then I think a change needs to be made. IU can not go two years in a row not making the tournament. Someone mentioned Tony Bennett as a possible option, well Forbes had him #7 on their most overpaid coaches list. For me if a change is made it has to be a home run, break the friggin bank, do whatever is necessary. The only legit and most logical would be Stevens.

This is just the way I feel as a life long IU fan and what I felt necessary to post after about eight beers. Thanks and ............good day.

This is just the way I feel as a life long IU fan and what I felt necessary to post after about eight beers. Thanks and ............good day.

8 beers in at 2:30 and the SB doesn't even kick for 4 more hours. I liked your post just for admiring your style. Cheers!

There are so many what if's around IU basketball it makes my head hurt. No friggin way should we be without a true big. We are better than anyone thought we would be at this point in the season. We are winning games we should lose and losing games we should win. I have said it before and I will say it again I think the program is cursed.

If we fall on our faces down the stretch and don't make the big dance then I think a change needs to be made. IU can not go two years in a row not making the tournament. Someone mentioned Tony Bennett as a possible option, well Forbes had him #7 on their most overpaid coaches list. For me if a change is made it has to be a home run, break the friggin bank, do whatever is necessary. The only legit and most logical would be Stevens.

Obviously I agree with you. Check out the profile pic. He's our guy.

You guys kill me. I think I followed that up with that I was kidding, but Cal clearly meets most of your guys criteria for a good coach. I would bet most of you would bitch for a while and thump your chest about how great a fan of IU you are and how could we sell ourselves to the Devil ... And then Cal would hang number 6 and the tune would change. Some of you guys are so tiresome trying to prove how great a fan you are. Quite frankly, some of you guys cry and whine too much trying to desperately prove you are a true fan. And if you don't bitch and point out every shortcoming of the team you're a homer and don't know shit about basketball. It's old. Life's too short and I just wasted 3 min of my life..

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

One thing I will say (though I generally try to be a bit more level headed and understanding about our current performance) I really long for the days where we had seasons that didn't induce any panic and despair at all. I want a season where we don't even have to question whether the sky is falling or not...The last one that I can remember is 1994...Even in 2002 we lost a bunch of Big Ten games and then just got hot at the right time.

I will say that I believe a lot of good things are happening this season considering our roster, but that our current roster should never have happened either. We should never have been this imbalanced...Luke Fischer transferred because of the cancerous culture that Crean allowed to develop and perhaps the recruitment of Vonleh even contributed to that. He may not have the substance abuse reputation that others on the team had but I think that it is clear that he brought a "me first" mentality to the locker room last year.

So while the sky is not falling this year necessarily, it would be nice to not have to imagine the worst case scenarios going forward:

like...what if yogi leaves, what if troy leaves, what if jbj leaves, or if none of that happens, what if it all happens the next year and the graduations of Hanner and Zeisloft are added to the list. In such a case I have no confidence in the current staffs ability to prop the sky up...and I am tired of have to imagine those scenarios.