Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

As long as Priller is working hard on improving his game, going to class and staying out of trouble, I support him wholeheartedly. Never thought he was a player who could make an immediate impact anyway. Give him time.

Good point---- Laz---I agree.

A player can lose the support of Hoosier Nation if they do not uphold their end of the bargain---go to school---get your grades-----follow the law and the rules-----be a good teammate---etc.

We have no information that Priller is failing in any of these areas---so let's support him!

??????

Yea---about every team in the country has role players like Priller toward the end of their bench---not everybody can be a starter. He's a Hoosier and busting his butt for our team in practice. Let's be classy---and support ALL of our players.

Well said!

If being a Hoosier was purely based on the spot of your geographic birth, then I would agree with you.  However, I think you learn a lot more about being a Hoosier by growing up in Indiana.  Cody played in a basketball crazed little town, won 3 state titles, and was Mr. Basketball.  Conversely, I don't think you learn much a about being a Hoosier by spending the first 6 months of your life in Indiana, unless you think pooping in diapers and drinking milk all day is all you need to know.  JMO :D

All that said about Cody and he damn near wasn't a Hoosier.

Perhaps one could learn a lot, if they were born 2 weeks before the season started  and your entire 6 months was spent hearing people cheer on IU during Brian Evans BigTen POY season...

I thought Cody was born in Washington, Indiana? His brothers were born out of state, right? Luke in Ames, IA and Tyler in California...?

According to und.com Notre Dame's official site

None of the three Zeller sons are Hoosier natives. Steve and Lorri were high school sweethearts while growing up in Springville, Iowa (population: 1,074). He stood 6 foot 4 inches tall and played three sports on the prep level before graduating from Iowa State University in Ames, Iowa. She was a 6-foot basketball and softball player at NCAA Division III Coe College in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. Al Eberhard, her older brother, was an all-Big Eight forward at Missouri in the 1970s who later played in the NBA. The couple moved frequently when Steve began his career in the food processing industry: Luke was born in Iowa, Tyler in California, and Cody in Minnesota before they moved to Southwest Indiana in 1993 so Steve could take over as the manager of the Perdue Farms plant in Washington -- a job he holds to this day.

UK has two guys (that do not look like the norm for that team) at the end of the bench.

I guarantee you they have enjoyed their fair share of Gatorade and conversations with the managers.

Again, maybe an RPI balancing act.

Give me 7 to 8 guys that will play consistently, with heart, that want to win and I don't care who you give a scholarship to at the end of the bench.  This should really be a moot point.  When have we ever had to worry about the 10 and 11 guy contributing to a basketball team?  This is the freakin' problem guys!

UK has two guys (that do not look like the norm for that team) at the end of the bench.

I guarantee you they have enjoyed their fair share of Gatorade and conversations with the managers.

Again, maybe an RPI balancing act.

Give me 7 to 8 guys that will play consistently, with heart, that want to win and I don't care who you give a scholarship to at the end of the bench.  This should really be a moot point.  When have we ever had to worry about the 10 and 11 guy contributing to a basketball team?  This is the freakin' problem guys!

The way Crean substitutes we've had to worry about walk-ons contributing in a close game.

The way Crean substitutes we've had to worry about walk-ons contributing in a close game.

Totally agreeing with you JS.  The subsitution patterns are horrible sometimes.  If players were more consistent, I don't think this would be an issue.