Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

FKfootball

Clear example of how Crean fails in recruiting.

Was it just me or did Emmitt look a little gimpy tonight?Wasn't getting off his feet very well and seemed to limp a little running the court a few times.

He sure wasn't as effective as he has been.He may still be having effects from that awkward layup a couple games back.

We can take the easy way out and blame Crean or realize our bigs are all hurt or transferred or both!
Noah--Transfer to NBA
Luke--Transfer closer to home
PJ-----Hurt and Transfer
Devin Davis---hurt
Hanner---------hurt

Thank goodness we picked up Holt late. April and Priller appear to need more development---but I am ready for April to get some run. We need that big body down low.

Blows me away that April played against UL---but not against lesser competition. I hope he is not injured too!

Not to be argumentative but doesn't Crean at some point have to get the blame?

He's in charge of this program. The success or failure of it is his to own.

Other top notch programs/coaches encounter the same situations/problems as Indiana and Crean.

An excuse can always be found if a person looks for one...at some point it all boils down to results. Wins and losses. Get it done or someone else is gonna take your lunch.

I'm not writing this because I want Crean fired. I just want Indiana to win and do it the right way.

It's Indiana...it's Indiana!

Was it just me or did Emmitt look a little gimpy tonight?Wasn't getting off his feet very well and seemed to limp a little running the court a few times.
He sure wasn't as effective as he has been.He may still be having effects from that awkward layup a couple games back.

I'm scared to death that they might shut him down too. Were in trouble.

Emmitt's been hurt for a while

Other top notch programs/coaches encounter the same situations/problems as Indiana and Crean.

An excuse can always be found if a person looks for one...at some point it all boils down to results. Wins and losses. Get it done or someone else is gonna take your lunch.

I'm not writing this because I want Crean fired. I just want Indiana to win and do it the right way.

I agree except the part about the Indians. But if the Indians can help sign them up.

I generally like to keep my Tom Crean hate to a minimum, but I can't disagree with what he is saying. It is extremely frustrating to have 2 wasted (so far, I know its early) big men on scholly on the bench.

My only comment on this is simply this: If you are not going to use them the the traditional post player role, why bother recruiting them? Why waste the schollies on guys who are just going to sit on the bench? 

Crean has put a center in the lottery of the NBA draft the last two years in a row.

Neither were "centers". Both were power forwards who got stuck playing center here. Don't misunderstand what I am saying - I was happy to have both Cody and Vonleh, but neither were "centers". You aren’t a center just because you're tall.

Neither were "centers". Both were power forwards who got stuck playing center here. Don't misunderstand what I am saying - I was happy to have both Cody and Vonleh, but neither were "centers". You aren’t a center just because you're tall.

Tell that to our Big Ten Championship banner  :)

We can take the easy way out and blame Crean or realize our bigs are all hurt or transferred or both!

Noah--Transfer to NBA

Luke--Transfer closer to home

PJ-----Hurt and Transfer

Devin Davis---hurt

Hanner---------hurt

Thank goodness we picked up Holt late.  April and Priller appear to need more development---but I am ready for April to get some run. We need that big body down low.

Blows me away that April played against UL---but not against lesser competition. I hope he is not injured too!

Interesting. Crean is the guy who’s in charge of the program, who decides who to recruit (Jurkin, April) - and yeah, he gets credit for the Yogis, Troys, Holts, Zellers and Vics, but the poor selections are also on him - boons and busts.

I’ll concede the Davis and Perea injuries - in Davis' case, the bad luck-freaky twist of fate was impacted by bad choices. 'nuff said.

Vonleh - he wasn’t ready to go - should have stayed another year. But yeah, he’s gone.

Fischer - if you are to believe any of the reports, Crean was at least a part of the reason that he left.

Jurkin - he was never going to be a factor (same as Jobe, and I fear, April).

Tell that to our Big Ten Championship banner   :)

What has that to do with anything? Yeah, we won an outright B1G championship with those guys. But it was the talent and the coaching (and a few lucky breaks along the way) and NOT because Cody or Vonleh played "center". That’s all I’m saying.

There are 2 types of basketball fan. Those who blame the players..... and those who blame the person paid 3.5 million a year to pick the players and win.

I am not a Crean lover, but we have lost Zeller, Vonleh and Fischer in the past 3 seasons (all of whom could be on our roster now). Players like that aren't simple to replace. The DD/Halloween incident wasn't exactly planned either. We're exceeding expectations by leaps and bounds, IMO, and we're better and tougher than last year (during which we would have lost the PSU and OSU games and maybe even the NU game).

What has that to do with anything? Yeah, we won an outright B1G championship with those guys. But it was the talent and the coaching (and a few lucky breaks along the way) and NOT because Cody or Vonleh played "center". That’s all I’m saying.

Maybe I'm misreading the complaints about never having a center, but the way I see it, we put two successful centers in the nba draft lottery two years in a row.  Am I misreading the constant complaints from the same complainers?

My only comment on this is simply this: If you are not going to use them the the traditional post player role, why bother recruiting them? Why waste the schollies on guys who are just going to sit on the bench? 

Exactly. Its almost like he just does it to appease to the fans. I would of much rather had 2 other guys like Emmit Holt, not 7 foot but a power forward type with actual basketball skills that can see the floor as freshman.