Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

NOLA Hoosier

Cracking the Top 25

Have you not been watching the 14 wins? Turn off the game when they're doing well?

Program is a joke to the people that are unrealistic and think we should be competing for National title every year. Not that I wouldn't love to be in that situation, but this team is not a National title contender. This team is over achieving to this point, and I love that. Just think if Cody Vic and Will would have over achieved. IF this team beats MD Thursday then we will be in 1st place in B1G. I think we all would have been happy with a 4th or 5th place finish and a tourney appearance. So voters can think what they want to think. If we keep winning then they will have not choice, but to accept our program is not a joke. Heck as long as the University has fans as passionate as we are we will never be a joke. (Unless somehow Sampson gets rehired)

**Please don't take that as a jab at Cody and Vic's team, I loved that team and they were one of my favorites.

Have you not been watching the 14 wins? Turn off the game when they're doing well?

If Penn State hits that shot .2 sec earlier and sends the game into OT, we lose.

If Illinois has R. Rice, we lose.

We beat an ok OSU team AT HOME.

We beat a bad Nebraska team.

Our only real games so far have been UofL and MSU and we get blown out by 20 in each.

I support IU 100%, but let's still be realistic here.

If Penn State hits that shot .2 sec earlier and sends the game into OT, we lose.

Our only real games so far have been UofL and MSU and we get blown out by 20 in each.

And if IU had DD and a healthy HMP... Who knows it's the same thing

He said we're a joke, I countered with the fact that we've won 14 games. Where was I unrealistic? This is the weakest argument I've seen on here in a while.

The so called "being realistic" is getting out of hand. Negativity towards an overachieving team is absolute blasphemy. Sure if Illinois had Rice and Abrams, there might have been a different outcome. We're missing two valuable players too in Hanner and Devin. This young team has done everything they've done without a complete roster and I give them props for that.

If I hadn't chosen to be a music major where would I be now in life?

If I hadn't chosen to be a music major where would I be now in life?

That is a great line! I'm not sure exactly what you do but we all have to answer "what if" questions. This team has grown and we haven't even peaked yet. They continue to respond to adversity. The true Indiana way.

Is this where we should start adding in if Cody, Vic, and Noah wouldn't have gone pro stuff? If Luke wouldn't have transferred? What if they would've given Alford the job instead of Mike Davis? What if AJ Moye wouldn't have blocked Boozer's shot? I could go on forever. 

This is the weakest argument because you could say that about EVERY GAME THAT IS EVER PLAYED!! hahah

He said we're a joke, I countered with the fact that we've won 14 games. Where was I unrealistic? This is the weakest argument I've seen on here in a while.

I'm trying to point out that our 14 wins have not been that impressive to me.

Most think we are over-achieving.. I believe we have underachieved. Want the best for everyone. Go IU.