Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

And then there were none. B1G is out of the tournament. 8 teams in. 1 team in S16. 0 in E8. Embarrassing. Of course, most were not seeded to go far but I think they underperformed expectations as a whole, mostly thanks to PU losing in round 1.

1 minute ago, go iu bb said:

And then there were none. B1G is out of the tournament. 8 teams in. 1 team in S16. 0 in E8. Embarrassing. Of course, most were not seeded to go far but overall I think they underperformed expectations as a whole, mostly thanks to PU losing in round 1.

Meanwhile the B1G is likely to bring in a TV executive as their next commissioner. The B1G can't win a title? So what!

The Pets Are Also... Rolling In Money - The Simpsons GIF - The Simpsons  Simpsons Pets - Discover & Share GIFs

5 minutes ago, go iu bb said:

And then there were none. B1G is out of the tournament. 8 teams in. 1 team in S16. 0 in E8. Embarrassing. Of course, most were not seeded to go far but I think they underperformed expectations as a whole, mostly thanks to PU losing in round 1.

Sort of think MSU gets a pass. They played great. They probably beat most teams playing like that but KSU took it up a level. Purdue and IU just had major flaws exploited and embarrassingly so. 

Beautiful game. Felt like I was watching the NBA

Less Zach Edey’s and more free-flowing, outside-in, athletic and fast play. B1G needs to adapt. 

Izzo couldn’t help himself in the postgame TV interview w/ excuses. Twice brought up two banked in KSU threes, but did otherwise give them credit 

8 minutes ago, str8baller said:

Sort of think MSU gets a pass. They played great. They probably beat most teams playing like that but KSU took it up a level. Purdue and IU just had major flaws exploited and embarrassingly so. 

100%
Sissoko sat for much of this game, MSU felt like the most ready team from the conference to compete with squads like a Miami or others of similar ilk. 

Between Akins, Walker, and Hoggard they had three guys who can shoot and beat their guy off the dribble. And Hall/Hauser obviously extend the floor and Hall specifically can sky for rebounds. 

22 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

And that alley oop reverse dunk with less than a minute left. Get real…. Incredible.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Looked like a set fake mad play where there is confusion with the coach.  Intentional or not it was a great play 

2 hours ago, Alford Bailey said:

K-State is a good example why you can’t worry about next year yet.

Love this. And they’re different players but X and Nowell have some similarities