Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

12 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

Archie Miller was impeccably good at finding bad basketball players. 

Yes, I don’t think that was the only problem but here’s the list of players he recruited:

Race Thompson, Romeo Langford, Jerome Hunter, Damezi Anderson, Rob Phinisee, Jake Forrester, TJD, Armaan Franklin, Khristian Lander, Jordan Geronimo, Anthony Leal, Trey Galloway, Logan Duncomb.

Some stories still left to be written, some unfortunate injury impacts, but what sticks out is how quickly that 2018 class dissolved.

9 minutes ago, lillurk said:

Yes, I don’t think that was the only problem but here’s the list of players he recruited:

Race Thompson, Romeo Langford, Jerome Hunter, Damezi Anderson, Rob Phinisee, Jake Forrester, TJD, Armaan Franklin, Khristian Lander, Jordan Geronimo, Anthony Leal, Trey Galloway, Logan Duncomb.

Some stories still left to be written, some unfortunate injury impacts, but what sticks out is how quickly that 2018 class dissolved.

Clifton Moore?

13 minutes ago, lillurk said:

Wisconsin must shoot 80% in late shot clock situations. This year especially, but for years now. 

What was really impressive was that they never gave up the lead. Minnesota had one of those dumb sequences that home underdogs in this conference always seem to get when they need it most; down by 8, banked-in 3 pointer, foul 90 feet from the hoop, another 3 to tie it up, all in just over a minute. We ALWAYS fold when other teams do that to us. Wisconsin usually doesn't. They are the polar opposite of us from a cultural and toughness standpoint. 

2 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

He is, but I didn't see a hook and hold there.  THought it was pretty good defense with Battle driving in to him.

Had that patented arm hook going. Looked like he was taking Battle to prom. 

Personally, IMO Rutgers was on the outside looking in prior to the game.......like first four out.  I don't see them being on the right side of the bubble after the loss, but that's where Lunardi has them.  I know people fell in love with their four straight wins over ranked teams, but the bad record they compiled before that was against was sub par competition.  Their non-con was 27 spots worse than IU according to Pom and they had four losses against teams scheduled to play on Wednesday in the Big Ten tournament.  The loss puts them at 16-11 with a NET in the 80s and a Pom rating in the 70s.

8 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

Personally, IMO Rutgers was on the outside looking in prior to the game.......like first four out.  I don't see them being on the right side of the bubble after the loss, but that's where Lunardi has them.  I know people fell in love with their four straight wins over ranked teams, but the bad record they compiled before that was against was sub par competition.  Their non-con was 27 spots worse than IU according to Pom and they had four losses against teams scheduled to play on Wednesday in the Big Ten tournament.  The loss puts them at 16-11 with a NET in the 80s and a Pom rating in the 70s.

Think the Torvik rooting guide had the UM/RU game as a conflict but losing to both UM and IU within a week would be tough for Rutgers to overcome given their résumé’s other weaknesses. IU winning three and one of Rutgers or Michigan (or other candidates) fading is good news for the Hoosiers.

During the Minnesota-Wisconsin game there was a graphic showing all time series records between the two schools for football and basketball. Before this game, the basketball series was tied 104-104. The football series is 62-62 with 8 ties. 

Kind of makes me wish we hadn't spent the early 1900's getting owned by Purdue worse than we have lately and that we had a football program. 

1 hour ago, TheWatShot said:

Never realized until now that Johnny Davis had a brother playing on the team. I guess IU didn't either, because he didn't score in our last matchup and only had 3 points the first time. Or maybe he didn't get the memo that IU has a fetish for letting lesser talented siblings get their day in the sun. 

Has the other Murray brother scored 30 (?) points the rest of the season combined? We've allowed a few lesser players have big games again this season. Dammit Arch, lift this curse!

6 hours ago, HoosierAloha said:

Has the other Murray brother scored 30 (?) points the rest of the season combined? We've allowed a few lesser players have big games again this season. Dammit Arch, lift this curse!

He had 23 against Purdue.     He averages  around 10 a game