Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

Getting chippy at the end of Iowa/Nebraska.  Iowa up 7 with 33 seconds left....in bounds for Iowa, ball thrown to Bohanon and he's fouled.  Trey McGowens with a little extra push afterwards, Bohanon throws the ball at McGowens feet and is restrained by the ref.....somehow only McGowens is given a tech.  Bohanon hits all four free throws, putting Iowa up 11.

The point spread is 12 1/2....hmmmm.

Murray fouled on the next inbounds (which Iowa gets because of the single tech called on Nebraska).  If he hits both, Iowa goes above the point spread....he splits the pair.  Nebraska gets a bucket but then fouls again (they are down 10 with 17 seconds left, not sure why they are fouling.  Pair of free throws gets it back to 12.

Ended up being an 88-78 win for Iowa, but I'm sure there were a few bettors going nuts at the end.

Pains me to say so but Gillis’s 5th foul and Edney’s 4th were both bad calls in MSU’s favor. And I missed it earlier but they said on the broadcast that Gillis’s 4th was bad.

now PU has shot like 9 more FTs, so even though it’s in Breslin it’s not some disgrace…but y’know.

16 minutes ago, lillurk said:

Pains me to say so but Gillis’s 5th foul and Edney’s 4th were both bad calls in MSU’s favor. And I missed it earlier but they said on the broadcast that Gillis’s 4th was bad.

now PU has shot like 9 more FTs, so even though it’s in Breslin it’s not some disgrace…but y’know.

Welcome to Michigan State. 

Another rule I want to see changed: if the refs stop the game after a made basket in the final seconds to check the clock, the teams need to stay on the floor. Purdue was out of timeouts when the refs immediately stopped the game after the ball went through the net, then basically got a free timeout when the refs spent a few minutes reviewing the play just to add 0.3.