Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

Just once, I'd like to hear a BTN broadcaster say they don't agree with a call. Johnny Davis gets called for charging where the defender wasn't even close to being set; "that's a good job of staying with him and getting set." 

Part of the reason officiating is so terrible in this conference is that the refs can always count on the BTN kissing their ***** on a nightly basis simply for existing. 

Durham’s stats this year are so weird. Career highs in: points, assists, FT%, and turnovers. Career lows in FG% and 3PT%. 38% from 3 last year to 21% this year. And playing 35 mpg on the #11 team in the country.

4 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Durham’s stats this year are so weird. Career highs in: points, assists, FT%, and turnovers. Career lows in FG% and 3PT%. 38% from 3 last year to 21% this year. And playing 35 mpg on the #11 team in the country.

I didn’t look his stats up but that’s exactly what I was try to say.

That’s one funky-@$$ set of stats.

Never realized until now that Johnny Davis had a brother playing on the team. I guess IU didn't either, because he didn't score in our last matchup and only had 3 points the first time. Or maybe he didn't get the memo that IU has a fetish for letting lesser talented siblings get their day in the sun. 

3 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

Minnesota in the double bonus with 9 minutes left.  That NEVER happens when Wisky plays.

If shoving Davison out of your way and getting 2 free throws for it was a thing, imagine how much damage Xavier Johnson could have done! 

Minnesota's clock operator just tried to pull a fast one. Ball goes into the backcourt, jump ball, Minnesota with the arrow, shot clock down to 3, reset it to 30 and probably hoped the refs wouldn't notice. They did, and Minnesota had to inbound in the backcourt with 3 seconds left. Spoiler: shot clock violation.