Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

Well in these crazy times our tough schedule is being modified a bit cause of covid. Win some big home games and were looking good for now. Might be murders row later though

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Just now, coonhounds said:

Well in these crazy times our tough schedule is being modified a bit cause of covid. Win some big home games and were looking good for now. Might be murders row later though

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Another Upside we will get a ton of time to prep for Illinois.  

3 hours ago, Uspshoosier said:

Marquette just lost a home game to DePaul.  Hard team to figure out and an example gathering talent doesn’t always translate into wins.   Something is off with them.  As good as Carton is maybe there is something there as to why many coaches passed on the second go around when he became available 

As I said in a different post, we aren't the only ones who are not playing the way the fans think we should based on our talent. The blame always falls on the coach, but in reality it a large portion of it should fall on the kids. I doubt that there are many bad coaches at the highest level of college basketball. Maybe they can't connect with the kids, maybe they can't find a way to motivate them, but I'm pretty sure they know what they are doing. It takes a certain combination of factors to be successful at this level and it is maybe luck as much as anything else that makes it work. Look at UK, UNC, Duke, and Kansas this year. Do you really think those coaches suddenly forgot how to coach a team? It's just a different time.

13 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

In the category of how to win friends and influence enemies Jerry Stackhouse doing an admirable job.

https://www.barstoolsports.com/blog/3279799/jerry-stackhouse-really-loves-dming-vanderbilt-supporters-to-call-them-fake-@$$-fans

Well, in fairness to Jerry, everyone knows the Vandy fan base eats their own. That’s why there are never more than a couple of dozen of them.

Have they announced how the Big Ten will handle uneven number of games played. 

Conceivable that Michigan only plays 16 games. How will they handle it if Michigan does 14-2 but Iowa goes 15-5. 

This is why I think for seeding and championship considerations games not made up have to count as forfeits.  

24 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Conceivable that Michigan only plays 16 games. How will they handle it if Michigan does 14-2 but Iowa goes 15-5. 

This is why I think for seeding and championship considerations games not made up have to count as forfeits.  

Probably win percentage. Would be the most likely thing to do. 

Every IU fan’s new favorite player: Pepperdine’s Victor Obioha. Dude just drilled Matt Haarms in the side of the head with an elbow, knocked Haarms on his a**, and somehow avoided a flagrant. 
Nice work, young man.

Need a video of this.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

If the current trend continues the Big 1.0 will just declare OSU regular season and tournament champions.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app