Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

28 minutes ago, tyappleg said:

It's still dumb.  He's just doing it for the site clicks. If he was serious, he would just rank them lower based on that criteria.  It's ridiculous not to have Duke, Tenn, Kansas, etc. ranked at all. 

Bingo. Dude just wants attention. 

I'm sure there is some kind of analysis out there on the forum about the NET, so I won't reinvent the wheel, but I just did some analysis of IU's schedule as compared to the NET Rankings and RPI. As most folks know, wins are now broken down into 4 quadrants based on the RPI Rankings which are in parenthesis (released this morning) and whether it was a home, road, or neutral court.
Quadrant 1 and 2 wins are really the only ones that matter. Butler, at Michigan, at Maryland, and vs Nebraska are Indiana's next chances at Q1 wins. Based on how the non-conference schedule played out, getting Q1 wins in the Big Ten is going to be VERY important. Until then, IU will have to continue beating up on inferior talent. 
Quadrant 1 wins:
Marquette (19)
Quadrant 2 wins:
@ Penn State (78)
Louisville (33)
*Note - These rankings WILL change during the season as teams continue to play out their schedule.

They actually have 2 Quad 1 wins and 2 Quad 2 wins
Marquette (22), Louisville(19) are Quad 1
Penn st and Northwestern are Quad 2
Here is the Net rankings through Dec 9th
https://www.ncaa.com/rankings/basketball-men/d1/ncaa-mens-basketball-net-rankings

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

IU now 25 in the AP.
A little, actually a lot confused why a 2 loss Marquette who we beat, and a 2 loss Wisconsin (who Marq beat) are ranked ahead of us.
The voters must have read the game thread and could see how bad the team is

https://www.ncaa.com/rankings/basketball-men/d1/ncaa-mens-basketball-net-rankings

Would Butler be a quad 1 win? It's 1-25 at home, 1-50 neutral, and 1-75 away?

10 minutes ago, biteoftheapple said:
17 minutes ago, Irish YJ said:
IU now 25 in the AP.
A little, actually a lot confused why a 2 loss Marquette who we beat, and a 2 loss Wisconsin (who Marq beat) are ranked ahead of us.

The voters must have read the game thread and could see how bad the team is

lol.... if they had read the game thread, they would have believed we're 0-3 over the last 3 games, and would have left us out altogether...

but maybe you're right, and saw the comment about our 23 pt thumping of Marquette as nothing more than an "aberration"

You’re absolutely right.. I was looking at RPI, not NET. That was dumb.

1 hour ago, Irish YJ said:

lol.... if they had read the game thread, they would have believed we're 0-3 over the last 3 games, and would have left us out altogether...

but maybe you're right, and saw the comment about our 23 pt thumping of Marquette as nothing more than an "aberration"

Plus they have Duke over Gonzaga...

29 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

I like seeing the introspection in his free throw comments.  After the last regime you'd be forgiven for thinking that wasn't allowed.  He at least recognizes there's a problem and the highlighted quote below sounds like he recognizes it's a trend.

"I thought I was a pretty good free throw shooter, but I’m not a good free throw coach."

He wasn't a bad free throw shooter either, about 85%.

Penn/Nova and New Mexico/Colorado are the good games tonight. New Mexico is coming off back to back losses by 30. Slim Pickens. Maryland vs Loyola(Maryland) only reason to watch that is to see if you can spot AJ Guyton on Loyola’s bench coaching. He is an assistant

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners