Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

1 hour ago, OliviaPope40 said:

Aggressive illness that led to a surgery that went bad according to that article. I’m not a doctor so have no idea what that could be.

Way too young and a guy that seemingly just came on the scene as a rising star. Very sad.

1 hour ago, Demo said:

IMG_1432.png

No surprise here because: 1) Abdur-Rahim was on Crean’s Georgia staff, and 2) Crean is just that guy.

I will always really admire and respect Tom Crean as a man. Quirky personality traits and lack of consistent winning aside, he took on the program when it was in the dumps and left it much better off than what he inherited. And at the end of the day, isn’t that basically the most you can ask of a coaching hire (when a championship is obviously not in the cards anytime soon). And, I believe he is a true basketball junkie, the kind of obsessive a D1 HC should be. It’s been said on this board plenty, but in today’s CBB landscape, it’s easy to imagine Tom Crean having a ton of success. Doubt the itch to coach has gone away, but the commentating gig has to be way cushier and better for the family. Plus, the Georgia flameout may have put him on ice. 58 now. If he was wanting to get back into it, imagine this tragic story will put things into perspective for him. Glad he was there for the family. 

9 minutes ago, Home Jersey said:

I will always really admire and respect Tom Crean as a man. Quirky personality traits and lack of consistent winning aside, he took on the program when it was in the dumps and left it much better off than what he inherited. And at the end of the day, isn’t that basically the most you can ask of a coaching hire (when a championship is obviously not in the cards anytime soon). And, I believe he is a true basketball junkie, the kind of obsessive a D1 HC should be. It’s been said on this board plenty, but in today’s CBB landscape, it’s easy to imagine Tom Crean having a ton of success. Doubt the itch to coach has gone away, but the commentating gig has to be way cushier and better for the family. Plus, the Georgia flameout may have put him on ice. 58 now. If he was wanting to get back into it, imagine this tragic story will put things into perspective for him. Glad he was there for the family. 

I’d love to see ESPN really utilize him heavily in the studio. Those little 1 minute analyses of plays in multiple games going on simultaneously, I think he’s great at that stuff. 

Anybody who wondered why Woody put a lot of effort , for him, into Boogie Fland needs to flip on the Arkansas-Kansas scrimmage. KU’s missing a coup,e of guards, but Fland is getting in the lane at will. He’s electric with the ball. 

8 hours ago, Demo said:

Anybody who wondered why Woody put a lot of effort , for him, into Boogie Fland needs to flip on the Arkansas-Kansas scrimmage. KU’s missing a coup,e of guards, but Fland is getting in the lane at will. He’s electric with the ball. 

Arkansas period looked good. Tough Kansas didn't have ****-inson. Which probably could have made what they lost by. Fland and Wagner looked good though. Cal started all of his Kentucky guys with no surprise.