Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

Just now, Kentuckysucks said:

If I'm the AD I tell Tony and "his guy" that I will be doing a full coaching search and will hire "my guy" in the Spring.

It’s never a good thing when Head Coaches put themselves before/think they are bigger than the program and try to play kingmaker. People should focus more on their jobs and less on internal politics. But I suppose you could say that about every organization these days.

11 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Those 2 are legit. Rutgers pulling Bailey is an AllTimer. Kid is phenomenal and will be a top 3 pick if not number 1. Luckily their supporting team is deficient but those 2 gonna put up numbers.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Rutgers is already not a top half B1G team and they are a Bailey or Harper sprained ankle away from being a very bad team. Ballo and Malik are absolutely gonna destroy them. And I very much look forward to Gallo wearing Harper down - Gallo is a perfect matchup for Harper, and Carlyle, Leal, and maybe Newton and Rice aren't bad choices either.

https://rutgers.rivals.com/news/instant-recap-st-john-s-outlasts-no-25-rutgers-in-scrimmage

Gave a quick listen to Tony Bennett's presser today. 

His health is fine. Apparently his decision had nothing to do with his parents' health, either. 

Seems as if he's had enough of the monsters that NIL and the portal have become. Said he thought about stepping down after last season, but decided to wait -- wanted to see how things played out, and wanted to have one of his staff take over. 

"I think it's right for student-athletes to receive revenue. Please don't mistake me. But the game -- college athletics -- is not in a healthy spot. It's not, and there needs to be change. 

"It's not gonna go back, and I think I was equipped to do this job the old way. That's who I am. 

"It's gonna be a culture -- to a professional model. There's gotta be collective bargaining. There has to be a restriction on the salary pool that teams can spend. There has to be transfer regulations. 

"... I worry about the mental health of the student-athletes as all this stuff comes down ..."