Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

Look at the schools in this year’s elite eight. Illinois, UConn, Clemson, Alabama, Tennessee, Purdue, NC State, and Duke. How many of them have clean histories? 

Lol. That’s a dirty group. The answer is Purdue. The rest are hella dirty. Crème de le Crème.

We just suck at spending money and decision making. I suspect that trend to continue.

I like our current admin a lot better than our previous ones though so that does give me a bit of hope but we still got to root out some problems.

McRobbie raked in dough for IU with international decisions. Sports were an unnecessary afterthought.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

1 hour ago, FortWayneHoosier said:

I don’t disagree at all. I just think since Purdue runs a lot of their offensive game through Edey, Clingan will be pushed around more than he is used to. I love UConn and Hurley, they are one of my favorites to watch outside of IU. Just comparatively, on what I’ve watched thus far in the tournament, Purdue ain’t messing around. 

One more thought on this... if it happens... look out for Hurley being on the refs butts early about any whistles down low. I think it will be peak Hurley entertainment on the sidelines pleading his case about not getting Clingan/Johnson in foul trouble, probably before they even tip off lol 

And that was my point completely.
We had pot dealers, pot smokers, and pot throwers… so pretty much covered the spectrum there.
We had guys who had no interest going to class. 

For people who defend Sampson and use the excuse that everyone else was doing it, or his discretions aren’t illegal anymore…
He was the head of the Rules Committee while at Oklahoma. He got busted for breaking the rules there. He knew the rules. There were no ambiguities, or at least shouldn’t have been.
Yep, pot is much more accepted now. Yep, the phone rules were changed. However that’s in hindsight. He didn’t function properly under the rules as they were at the time. 
Preach it

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, IH8PU said:

From the start of the tourney I have always felt that UCONN's guards are the key factor and IMO they are better than the PUke guards. Let Edey get his 30 and slow down or stop everybody else. Last night it looked like Mark Few had watched the Hood-Schifino game at WestLaughy ... their guard was getting that jump shot at the elbow. UT might beat them, hell I want anyone to beat them. LOL

Yes. Without the black hole of a human being down low, Purdue guard play is mid at best. Pressure the ish out of Smith and LOYER. Pick and roll them to death on the offensive end. 

1 minute ago, HinnyHoosier said:

Yes. Without the black hole of a human being down low, Purdue guard play is mid at best. Pressure the ish out of Smith and LOYER. Pick and roll them to death on the offensive end. 

IMO UCONN guards are quicker and stronger than the PUke guards. Of course the black hole will never have a foul called on him nor will he ever be in any kind of foul trouble. UCONN guards can hit those mid range jumpers and strong enough to drive all the way to the basket.

I’m not sure what he’s saying here. Is the fact that Bama staff, which GA’s are, was giving instruction and information to players supposed to be somehow wrong? And the replies are outstanding. Tell us you don’t know what GA’s do without telling us you don’t know what GA’s do. 

12 minutes ago, Demo said:

I’m not sure what he’s saying here. Is the fact that Bama staff, which GA’s are, was giving instruction and information to players supposed to be somehow wrong? And the replies are outstanding. Tell us you don’t know what GA’s do without telling us you don’t know what GA’s do. 

Way back in IU lore (so 2015 or 16), there were several of IU's staff that had to seat kind of in the stands cuz there's a limited amount of bench seats available for coaches, players, trainers, etc. so the extra help that would usually sit a row behind the A-listers would have to venture elsewhere. You'd think a basketball school would know that.

5 hours ago, JF87 said:

UCONN versus Purdue in the finals is my worst nightmare.  

I told my son during the season when things were going really bad "This year has gone so bad, I bet PU finally wins their first championship" I pray to God I won't be right.