Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

Zach Osterman regarding participation in the NIT --  With teams option out this merits another mention:  My understanding for a few days has been IU would not participate in the NIT if invited.  I believe that's a consideration taken as much down to not wanting to ask players to do it after a long season as anything else.

Jake Weingarten - Northeastern transfer Tyson Walker tells @Stockrisers he’s heard from the following schools: Miami, Michigan State, Kansas, Nebraska, Seton Hall, Mizzou, Arkansas, Georgia, St. John’s, Pittsburgh, Indiana, Florida, Providence, USC, DePaul, K-State, TCU, Vandy, others.

He attended New Hampton School (Alex Karaban)

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/tyson-walker-1.html

38 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Jake Weingarten - Northeastern transfer Tyson Walker tells @Stockrisers he’s heard from the following schools: Miami, Michigan State, Kansas, Nebraska, Seton Hall, Mizzou, Arkansas, Georgia, St. John’s, Pittsburgh, Indiana, Florida, Providence, USC, DePaul, K-State, TCU, Vandy, others.

He attended New Hampton School (Alex Karaban)

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/tyson-walker-1.html

Just like clockwork - I see Crean's massive net on this one as always. lol

2/3 stars and a supporting cast is a recipe for success.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Agreed, it gives you a chance.

A freshman, even as talented as Curbelo, and stretches where you’re not interested in defense will get you beat. To my point tho, I think their downfall will be when Kofi and Georgi get into foul trouble because they pick up fouls that haven’t been called often in the Big 1.0.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

2 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

Agreed, it gives you a chance.

A freshman, even as talented as Curbelo, and stretches where you’re not interested in defense will get you beat. To my point tho, I think their downfall will be when Kofi and Georgi get into foul trouble because they pick up fouls that haven’t been called often in the Big 1.0.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Kofi may also get to the line a lot because other teams won't be allowed to murder him. 

20 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Kofi may also get to the line a lot because other teams won't be allowed to murder him. 

He shoots 55%. Might be a good strategy for everyone else. 

2 minutes ago, Magnanimous said:

Welcome back Sampson...

Didn’t even realize that I was just to pumped to post about Gates lol 

Bennett on Saturday and Strong ... offer will step foot in the Hall.  Kind of cool Trendon Watford will play in the Hall 

6 minutes ago, MemphisHoosier said:

You knew the NCAA would send Sampson back to B'ton, also not surprised to see lil' Watford come back.  The stories write themselves.

And Cleveland State - anyone remember Mouse McFadden in the 1986 tournament...ouch.  And of course TTU, Knight's landing spot.  

For our Indiana State contingent looks like Josh Schertz who built Lincoln Memorial into a D-II powerhouse will be your next head coach.  Good bio on who you're getting at:

https://lmurailsplitters.com/sports/mens-basketball/roster/coaches/josh-schertz/1420

Edited by Class of '66 Old Fart
Corrected the URL

11 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

For our Indiana State contingent looks like Josh Schertz who built Lincoln Memorial into a D-II powerhouse will be your next head coach.  Good bio on who you're getting at:

https://lmurailsplitters.com/sports/mens-basketball/roster/coaches/josh-schertz/142

He looks a lot like Melissa McCarthy!!!