Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

When you have a team as dominant as Boston was this year, it's going to lead to less interest. The Celtics were 7 games ahead of the top seed in the West and 14 games ahead of everyone else in the East. 

I think another reason ratings have dropped recently is that Lebron really isn't a factor in the playoffs anymore. 

33 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

When you have a team as dominant as Boston was this year, it's going to lead to less interest. The Celtics were 7 games ahead of the top seed in the West and 14 games ahead of everyone else in the East. 

I think another reason ratings have dropped recently is that Lebron really isn't a factor in the playoffs anymore. 

The dominance doesn't help and Boston not having a legitimate super star but still having a super team doesn't help. It's a weird thing. ESPN needs way better coverage. It's garbage and people know it. There isn't a feeling about the playoffs or finals anymore. It all feels like the regular season anymore. All the injuries and Bostons absolutely cakewalk through the East that didn't have a single healthy team. NBA needs to figure their crap out. Having the Finals on ESPN isn't the answer. Need something fresh and that won't turn people away by blatant bias and agendas.

4 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

Love it. No idea if JJ can coach but he's an arrogant, hateable dude that seems like he is obsessed with ball. Bring on the black cap. Either way I'm here for the memes. 

On 6/20/2024 at 7:57 PM, BtownStrength said:

Love it. No idea if JJ can coach but he's an arrogant, hateable dude that seems like he is obsessed with ball. Bring on the black cap. Either way I'm here for the memes. 

You can take the player out of Duke but you can't take the Duke out of the player. Maryland fans back in the day were relentless against him.

https://sports.yahoo.com/is-bronny-james-underrated-inside-the-phenomenon-of-the-nba-bloodline-155757959.html

I’m sure I’ve read analysis that fights harder to get to the conclusion it clearly went into things with the intention of reaching, but not recently.

13 hours ago, BtownStrength said:

@Banksyrules how ya feeling on these Nova Knicks? 

Gives us the extra depth that we needed and another player that likes playing defense.  Perfect fit.  For the first time in my life there’s a path to the mountain top and the previous two years are going exactly I wanted and expected to work out.  

24 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Grizzlies draft Edey at #9.

The crowd (presumably led by Grizzlies fans) boos.

So you have maybe the most explosive kid with the ball that I’ve ever seen and you use a lottery pick to draft a guy who will absolutely constrict his space? 
Ok then.

1 minute ago, Demo said:

So you have maybe the most explosive kid with the ball that I’ve ever seen and you use a lottery pick to draft a guy who will absolutely constrict his space? 
Ok then.

The Grizzlies are not known for their savvy decisions.

6 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

Pretty sure we’re gonna be laughing at, like, most (?) of these teams for passing on Knecht. 

He’s 23 and these lottery teams think he’s too old and now Miami’s probably gonna take him right here and he’ll be a winning player for 10 years.

1 minute ago, Demo said:

He’s 23 and these lottery teams think he’s too old and now Miami’s probably gonna take him right here and he’ll be a winning player for 10 years.

Nope, Kel'el

How did they get that entire green room setup inside Woody's house?