Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

rebelhoosier848891

Big Ten Record Prediction

You don't think Purdue will even pose a challenge? Even at AH, I disagree... I think we win, but it sure won't be handed to us.

I'm still unsure about them. Their bigs are very talented, but I'm still waiting to see how they fare against stronger opponents.

I'm still unsure about them. Their bigs are very talented, but I'm still waiting to see how they fare against stronger opponents.

Their bigs are decent, very prone to foul. I think our guards and wings will dominate them though. Also if we drive it at their bigs, they will foul easily

High ball screens with their bigs, drive to the rim or kick it to open shooters.  They're horrible defending the 3. 

They did a great job defending the three in the second half vs. Michigan yesterday.

[quote name="#1CreanApologist" post="121066" timestamp="1420288710"][quote name="#1CreanApologist" post="80735" timestamp="1409223992"]December 31, 2014 Indiana at Nebraska - Predicted: L Actual: W!!
January 5, 2015 Indiana at Michigan State - Predicted: L Actual: L
January 10, 2015 Ohio State at Indiana - Predicted:W Actual: W
January 13, 2015 Penn State at Indiana - Predicted: W Actual: W
January 18, 2015 Indiana at Illinois - Predicted: L Actual: W!!!
January 22, 2015 Maryland at Indiana - W
January 25, 2015 Indiana at Ohio State - L
January 28, 2015 Indiana at Purdue - W
January 31, 2015 Rutgers at Indiana - W
February 3, 2015 Indiana at Wisconsin - L
February 8, 2015 Michigan at Indiana - W
February 11, 2015 Indiana at Maryland - L
February 15, 2015 Minnesota at Indiana - W
February 19, 2015 Purdue at Indiana - W
February 22, 2015 Indiana at Rutgers - W
February 25, 2015 Indiana at Northwestern - W
March 3, 2015 Iowa at Indiana - W
March 7, 2015 Michigan State at Indiana - W

Predicted Record: 12-6
Adjusted for results: 14-4[/quote]
Added results and adjusted record prediction to account for results.

Hoosier Nation---we have now seen and had some time to think about this year's BigTen schedule. Let's predict our record!

My heart says 12-6 but I am going with my brain which says 11-7.  I predict hard fought losses at Michigan State, at Ohio State, at Wisconsin, at Illinois and an additional road loss to either Nebraska or Maryland. In addition I think we lose 2 others that we should win because its the big ten and anybody can beat anybody. I think we win our last 6 big ten games to head into postseason on a roll.  That first game at Nebraska is huge. The students are on break and if we take that one, it could be a great start to a great year! What you think?

I hope I sold us short in my original prediction!

We are off to a great start and the last part of our conference schedule is the easiest----things are looking up.

The middle stretch we are in now is brutal----need to beat Maryland at home to keep the momentum!

Still on pace. Now T-1st in the B1G

December 31, 2014 Indiana at Nebraska - Predicted: L Actual: W!!
January 5, 2015 Indiana at Michigan State - Predicted: L Actual: L
January 10, 2015 Ohio State at Indiana - Predicted:W Actual: W
January 13, 2015 Penn State at Indiana - Predicted: W Actual: W
January 18, 2015 Indiana at Illinois - Predicted: L Actual: W!!!
January 22, 2015 Maryland at Indiana - Predicted: W Actual: W!!!!!
January 25, 2015 Indiana at Ohio State - L
January 28, 2015 Indiana at Purdue - W
January 31, 2015 Rutgers at Indiana - W
February 3, 2015 Indiana at Wisconsin - L
February 8, 2015 Michigan at Indiana - W
February 11, 2015 Indiana at Maryland - L
February 15, 2015 Minnesota at Indiana - W
February 19, 2015 Purdue at Indiana - W
February 22, 2015 Indiana at Rutgers - W
February 25, 2015 Indiana at Northwestern - W
March 3, 2015 Iowa at Indiana - W
March 7, 2015 Michigan State at Indiana - W

Predicted Record: 12-6
Adjusted for results: 14-4

I said before the Illinois game that the next 4 game stretch was the most crucial stretch of the B1G season. I thought if we could split the 4 games, we would be in great shape to finish in the top half of the B1G. Now that we've won the first two of that stretch, I can go into watching the next two road games without as much nerves. I expect O$U to beat us Sunday but if we miraculously win or take 3/4 ou tof this stretch, we have a legitimate shot at winning the B1G!!! Who in the world would have predicted that we would even dare say this at any point?!?!?1

I said before the Illinois game that the next 4 game stretch was the most crucial stretch of the B1G season. I thought if we could split the 4 games, we would be in great shape to finish in the top half of the B1G. Now that we've won the first two of that stretch, I can go into watching the next two road games without as much nerves. I expect O$U to beat us Sunday but if we miraculously win or take 3/4 ou tof this stretch, we have a legitimate shot at winning the B1G!!! Who in the world would have predicted that we would even dare say this at any point?!?!?1

Not I sir, Not I.    what an effort out there.

I thought 2-2 would be huge and we are there. I honestly feel this team has improved in its mental approach to the game to the point that we don't lose 2 games in a row so I think 3-1 in this stretch is very realistic.

I thought 2-2 would be huge and we are there. I honestly feel this team has improved in its mental approach to the game to the point that we don't lose 2 games in a row so I think 3-1 in this stretch is very realistic.

A coworker of mine made the comment that he was baffled how we stomped Maryland and they beat the brakes off of MSU twice. I told him (and I truly feel this way) that we never get to the point we are right now if it weren't for the beat down in East Lansing. That may have been the best thing to happen to us. We have been stellar ever since. I think that was the point where the mental approach was changed. No?

In the strict sense of viewing each portion of the conference season as it's own grouping of games, I'm glad to see we're well on our way to solid record in the first two (~)Quarters. 

The Openers- Solid mix of games, lots of opportunities to either take some games or give them away. Came away (3-1), better than most would have expected/predicted

@Neb         W

@MSU        L

vOSU         W

vPSU          W

The Grind Part 1- The first series of consecutively difficult games. Tough road games at UoI/OSU/PU with a red hot MD thrown in at home. Close it with a home-effort against Rutgers (coming off of a road rivalry and preparing for a potential fight for the B1G lead; all in a short week (4 games in 9 days) that might as well be a trap game. I think IU avoids the land-mine and wins where they are supposed to. Current: 2-0, Projected: 4-1, Overall Projected: 17-5 (7-2)

@UoI          W

vMD           W 

@OSU        (L)

@PUR        (W)

vRUT         (W)

The Grind Part 2- The second series of consecutively difficult games. Starts with an all out brawl in Madison for conference control. I give it to UW with the home-court edge, but I'll be glued to my TV regardless. Michigan may be cornered and willing to fight, but I think they are a considerably worse version of our roster (at this point). MD gets revenge; last night was great but this is a solid Terrapin team and we won't shoot like that twice). Minnesota is a solid roster but I think they fall at the hall. Projected: 2-2, Overall Projected: 19-7 (9-4)

@UW (L)

vUM (W)

@MD (L)

vMIN (W)

Coffee is for Closers- The last stretch of the season finally relents a bit for IU: Purdue at the Hall, on the road at two B1G minnows, followed up by two solid opponents at home. Purdue, Rutgers, and Northwestern should be easy (though I don't believe that word exists in B1G play) victories, while I think we split Iowa/MSU (Take your pick who beats us; I've got Iowa pulling the upset while IU gets vengeance on MSU for their only ugly loss of the year) Projected: 4-1, Overall Projected: 23-8 (13-5)

vPUR (W)

@RUT (W)

@NW (W)

vIOW (L)

vMSU (W)

Robert Montgomery Christ! I think I've become an optimist.