Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2016) C Thon Maker

Didnt know he could also play PG. I am SHOCKED. This kid is immortal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTQxfvHHvIQ

I hate to say this, but whoever gets him, he is definitely a one and done. It was hard to believe that kid is only 16 years old. 

[quote name="Scohutch" post="65098" timestamp="1399093893"]I'm giving Crean some big props on this one... don't hate ha. offering a scholly to his brother is smart. They only had moved to the US in 2010 i saw, so they most likely have no major ties with any certain program or city. and no meddling parents (lyles). I'm assuming that the brothers being close to each other in college is important, IMO. go to same high school, only one year apart... playing together in ncaa is definitely something they will discuss. we'll see about the one and one, too early.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners[/quote] When I saw that we offered the brothers at the same time, I also thought that Crean was pulling out all his "moves" to land this guy. Very smart to offer his brother as well. Close bond.

Sent from my place of advanced, analytical thinking: the toilet.

[quote name="JetpackJunky" post="65197" timestamp="1399156477"]Or we all live inside a video game.[/quote]

That's probably it.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I don't know why everyone thinks he is such a longshot. Let's say we do well next season (tourney birth, decent run) and land some sort of highly touted big man for 2015 (Zimmerman, etc)...with our success of putting bigs into the lottery fast, don't you think he'd look our way?

I know it's a lot of ifs but it's not that unlikely that those things could happen

New video release on Thon.  This video continues to display this lad's dominance; however, this vid shows Thon rep-n the adidas brand well :wink: , a strong reverse dunk, and a smooth jumper while fading to the left.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZ_Qn5zU-T0

[quote name="sirhoosierlot" post="67171" timestamp="1400536813"]We're going to get him. We're going to get him. We're going to get him.
Just envision it and it will happen!

Wish it were that easy! We would be loaded if so

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners[/quote]

[quote name="Scohutch" post="67432" timestamp="1400697115"]Maybe we need a thread for Matur Maker as well. didn't see one yet...
Here's a great ITH article posted today about Matur.

[url="http://www.insidethehall.com/2014/05/21/best-basketball-ahead-2017s-matur-maker/"]http://www.insidethehall.com/2014/05/21/best-basketball-ahead-2017s-matur-maker/[/url]

LOOK AT THIS BRUH'S ARMS THOUGH![/quote]

I just posted in the Matur thread. Go to your unread posts and you'll find it.

Maybe we need a thread for Matur Maker as well. didn't see one yet...

fyi, all the threads that have been started are in the pinned/locked threads in the recruiting forum. You can just go there and click on the link or type the name in the search function (under the More Tab up top). Every offer should have one. Some with just interest don't have them yet. Feel free to start one that hasn't been made. I like that!

Example.

https://btownbanners.com/topic/2995-2017-commitsrecruits/

Top prospects reclassifying in order to accelerate a path to the NBA has become more common in recent years.

Just in the class of 2013 alone, both Andrew Wiggins (Kansas) and Noah Vonleh (Indiana) moved from the class of 2014, spent a season in college and are now ticketed for the NBA draft lottery.

Led by new commissioner Adam Silver, the NBA is eyeing a change to the age limit for the draft with the hopes of having a minimum age of 20 in place before the 2016 draft. That could mean that the class of 2015 would be the final group of incoming college basketball freshmen with the ability to spend just one season in college and then depart for the NBA.

Discussion of the rule change has led to corresponding chatter regarding class of 2016 prospects looking to move to 2015.

Thon Maker, a consensus top three player in the 2016 class who plays at the Carlisle School in Virginia, has been a name mentioned as a possibility to reclassify.

Last weekend at the adidas Gauntlet in Fishers, Maker’s guardian, Edward Smith, was asked to address the potential for a move to 2015 for the native of the Sudan.

“We looked at it with his school,” Smith told reporters at the Best Choice Fieldhouse. “He’s a 4.0 student right now and we wanted to make sure he stays sound with the academic process. If we could do it, we would, but it is going to be really hard because they’re not that many periods in the day.

“And I think the NCAA recently took away some of the online providers (for classes). So we’re not going to go outside the box in terms of that. If we could do it, we would. My feeling is an extra year in college versus an extra year of high school would be beneficial.”

The 7-foot Maker, who was offered a scholarship by Indiana earlier this month, is one of the most coveted players in the country with interest from Duke, Louisville, Kansas, Kentucky, Memphis, Wake Forest, UNLV, Virginia and several others.

http://www.insidethehall.com/2014/05/23/thon-makers-guarding-discusses-possibility-of-move-to-2015/

Not a fan of reclassifying kids. Also worry about these guardians who are pushing top recruits who need time to mature emotionally and physically.

"...My feeling is an extra year in college versus an extra year of high school would be beneficial.”... 

Interesting part.  Also very debatable.  I see you're point Laz and def agree with you on that, a more mature athlete is almost always more successful IMO.    

extra year in college would most likely be more beneficial than an extra year in highschool, but the kids need a good foundation before they are exposed to the freedoms and temptations that college life allows (and accepts and promotes haha).