Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2016) C Thon Maker

Still hoping for some string pulling to get him into 2015 class. Sounds like he is looking into choosing a school. I think that is the biggest hurdle.

If I could hand pick a 15 class it'd be Maker, Swanigan, and (Donovan Mitchell or Jalen Coleman).

Now wouldn't that be nice......

[quote name="hoosierpap" post="76501" timestamp="1407193206"]Draft Express interview from Adidas Nation below:

[url="http://www.draftexpress.com/article/2014-adidas-Nations-Interview-Thon-Maker-4663"]LINK[/url][/quote] Wow. That's the first interview of Thon I've seen. Loved his self-awareness, work ethic (literally spends all day at the Y), and the fact that when asked how he was playing, he said ok, but we're winning. He only cared about winning, not his performance. He cared about how he could fix his mistakes so that his team will win. If this is an interview for a job, he's hired. The handler thing terrifies me, but I really like his game and character.

Sent from my place of advanced, analytical thinking: the toilet.

UCLA visit today.

Adam Zagoria ‏@AdamZagoria  10m
In addition to @FCHWPO & @B_Ingram13 UCLA will host @ThonMaker14 today. Not a bad trio on campus.

This makes sense. UCLA has been making a push to get into his top 4 and may have but he is out that way for Adidas Nation so it's sorta hard to judge if this was a convenience visit or a serious interest visit. Maybe somewhere in the middle. Anyways, he has seen Kansas but is looking to see UK and IU now that the UCLA visit is out of the way. I do think those are the only schools on the immediate radar at the moment. 

Not sure what tape Thon is watching, but way to go coach! [url="http://www.insidethehall.com/2014/08/05/five-star-thon-maker-talks-indiana-continued-improvement/"]http://www.insidethehall.com/2014/08/05/five-star-thon-maker-talks-indiana-continued-improvement/[/url] I mean we have won a ton of big games the last few years. We may be harder on CTC than most. Notice: For the love of God, do not read ITH comments. Some of them are so blockheaded. Sent from my place of advanced, analytical thinking: the toilet.

I've tried hard not to get too excited about our chances of landing this young man. Oh well, I can't hold back any longer. I'm encouraged by getting in on him early and his comments about the program. Something he mentioned that is high priority with him is getting his body stronger and ready to compete. Coach Jackson has done a great job and could really be a key "player" in us getting Thon.

I've tried hard not to get too excited about our chances of landing this young man. Oh well, I can't hold back any longer. I'm encouraged by getting in on him early and his comments about the program. Something he mentioned that is high priority with him is getting his body stronger and ready to compete. Coach Jackson has done a great job and could really be a key "player" in us getting Thon.

agree 100%, he's best in the biz.

If i was a recruiter, i would do everything in my power to make sure he knew he NEEDS to be in Candy stripes. With Thon, we would be a final four team and never again have recruiting worries. Thon, Please come to Indiana University and play/learn

[quote name="LazOffTheBench" post="76833" timestamp="1407429937"]UCLA's Pauley Pavilion was flooded recently, along with their basketball locker room. The entire court has to be replaced. It's a total mess right now. Wonder if recruits like Thon will be turned off by that?[/quote]

I can't see why that would really bother me. Now if it were every week sure.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

It would definitely hinder recruits from shooting a few hoops on the court or really being able to enjoy the facilities as they were intended. I'm sure the mold and mildew smell around that campus is unbearable as well.  I can't even imagine the amount of water damage that all caused  $$$$$$$

Crean has offered Thon's younger brother, too, hasn't he? Have any other schools done that? The double offer could work in our favor, IMO.

I agree Thon would be a game changer for us. His brother sounds very talented as well.

I understand the strategy and have no problem with it, but out of curiosity; can the little brother play?

[quote name="Parakeet Jones" post="76896" timestamp="1407452230"]I understand the strategy and have no problem with it, but out of curiosity; can the little brother play?[/quote]

He is more of a pure post player than Thon, not nearly as talented, but he can play for sure. Raw and SUPER thin, but he will be a good get for whoever lands him, I think.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

It would definitely hinder recruits from shooting a few hoops on the court or really being able to enjoy the facilities as they were intended. I'm sure the mold and mildew smell around that campus is unbearable as well.  I can't even imagine the amount of water damage that all caused  $$$$$$$

If Sam Gilbert is still around, I'm sure he would pay for the damages!