Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IU Hoosier41

(2019) SF Trendon Watford to LSU

53 minutes ago, InArchWeTrust said:

No kidding.  Has Duke even offered yet?

Not that I'm aware of. That's the power of programs like Dook, pUKe, Kan$a$$, etc. 5* kids want to be able to list them in there top choices even if they're clearly the 2nd option for that team (Hurt being the first option for Dookie).

Latest prediction from Corey Evans

Trendon Watford  told Rivals.com earlier this week that his plan is to make his college decision on April 20. Down to a final five of Alabama, Duke, Indiana, LSU and Memphis, there still is no clear landing spot for Watford. 

Alabama just fired their coach; Indiana is not a legitimate threat; LSU is sifting through the investigation regarding its now suspended head coach in Will Wade; lastly, Memphis could be in a bind with a crowded frontcourt with D. J. Jeffries, James Wiseman and Malcom Dandridge already committed.

If Duke were to offer, a swift commitment would not be a giant surprise. But with a fluid coaching carousel, don’t be surprised if Watford doesn’t announce in three weeks, waits to see which five-star lands where, who gets what coaching job and possibly even lets a few newcomers enter his recruitment before it comes to an end.

McDAA interview when asked about IU, Trendon stated that Archie has been in contact alot here lately. Also been talking with TJD. So there goes the notion that the staff was not talking with the Watfords. A little too late as of recent? Wonder when CAM reached back out to them? After the KB commit to UK or before. Alot of talk here that there hasn't been any contact lately.

McDAA interview when asked about IU, Trendon stated that Archie has been in contact alot here lately. Also been talking with TJD. So there goes the notion that the staff was not talking with the Watfords. A little too late as of recent? Wonder when CAM reached back out to them? After the KB commit to UK or before. Alot of talk here that there hasn't been any contact lately.

Someone stated this week that iu had started talking to the watfords again . I don’t think iu was in contact with them during the season though. Must of started when they found out KB was a no go

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Hope we have a legit shot here. If Archie can get him in, wonder if that would possibly help getting Lewis if another spot opens?! Interesting offseason here we come.

Unless Duke offers (big if!) I only see it down to IU and Memphis. LSU (recruiting issues) and Bama (coaching change) I would think are out. At least with the two latter happening it gives CAM another shot at trying to piece together a steal with a possible 2 for 1 deal to get Lewis also. We are in need of both positions. Add Brunk and this could turn out well for us. We're losing Clifton now and hopefully Smith would see the writing on the wall if Watford pulled the trigger. Wouldn't be alot of mins for him with Trendon and Hunter there and some stretch 4 mins for TJD.

3 minutes ago, HooHooHoo22 said:

Someone stated this week that iu had started talking to the watfords again . I don’t think iu was in contact with them during the season though. Must of started when they found out KB was a no go

Chris007 stated fairly recently that IU didn't recruit him all season for one reason or another. I know people have suggested that perhaps we reached back out after the KBJ thing, but might it be that the Watfords got in contact with us instead? I mean, LSU and Bama are looking pretty suspect right now, Memphis is starting to look real full from a roster standpoint, and Duke hasn't even officially offered because they really want Hurt instead. We might just have a real shoot strictly due to circumstance. Who knows? I have no "insider" knowledge, by the way.

As my wife will attest....I know nothing.

My guess,, however, is that the Watfords reached out because the following happened or looked possible:

LSU out because of Wades problems

Alabama fired Johnson

Memphis-rumors that his AAU couch was leaving

Duke - no offer yet and not clear if Hurt commits.

IU as a fallback probably sounded good around the Watford family kitchen table.

Now that the coach is staying at Memphis I bet it is them or Duke if they offer with us as a relatively far behind third choice.

As my wife will attest....I know nothing.
My guess,, however, is that the Watfords reached out because the following happened or looked possible:
LSU out because of Wades problems
Alabama fired Johnson
Memphis-rumors that his AAU couch was leaving
Duke - no offer yet and not clear if Hurt commits.
IU as a fallback probably sounded good around the Watford family kitchen table.
Now that the coach is staying at Memphis I bet it is them or Duke if they offer with us as a relatively far behind third choice.
Yeah i dont really see us as an option. I think memphis has him if duke does not offer

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

9 minutes ago, Hollywood Mike Miranda said:

Chris007 stated fairly recently that IU didn't recruit him all season for one reason or another. I know people have suggested that perhaps we reached back out after the KBJ thing, but might it be that the Watfords got in contact with us instead? I mean, LSU and Bama are looking pretty suspect right now, Memphis is starting to look real full from a roster standpoint, and Duke hasn't even officially offered because they really want Hurt instead. We might just have a real shoot strictly due to circumstance. Who knows? I have no "insider" knowledge, by the way.

That was my train of thought also. Yeah, it could be that the 2 schools that were offering up a little extra (LSU, Bama) are not looking very attractive at this juncture. If could have been the Watfords that recently reached out to CAM knowing that there was for sure a landing spot if they would go back on the asking of certain things.

22 minutes ago, MoyeNeeded said:

That was my train of thought also. Yeah, it could be that the 2 schools that were offering up a little extra (LSU, Bama) are not looking very attractive at this juncture. If could have been the Watfords that recently reached out to CAM knowing that there was for sure a landing spot if they would go back on the asking of certain things.

Yep, exactly. If I had to guess, I'd say Duke gets Hurt (who doesn't Duke get these days?) and they never actually offer TW in the end. And then TW ends up at Memphis. If IU does land him, I'll definitely be happy about it, but I think it'll happen via a combination of luck (thanks Christian!) and overall circumstance. Just my uninformed opinion though.

Yep, exactly. If I had to guess, I'd say Duke gets Hurt (who doesn't Duke get these days?) and they never actually offer TW in the end. And then TW ends up at Memphis. If IU does land him, I'll definitely be happy about it, but I think it'll happen via a combination of luck (thanks Christian!) and overall circumstance. Just my uninformed opinion though.

I think we’re way behind the others. It’s Duke, Memphis, Alabama if the new coach can convince him, and then possibly IU. What I’m saying is I don’t think we really have a shot.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app