Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

Prayer Thread

10 hours ago, Dalton26 said:

Any prayers for my family would be appreciated. 

my stepmoms uncle passed away on Tuesday, my grandpa passed away this morning, and then my stepmoms grandma passed away this afternoon. Been a rough week and anything helps. 

Got you covered!

14 hours ago, Dalton26 said:

my stepmoms uncle passed away on Tuesday, my grandpa passed away this morning, and then my stepmoms grandma passed away this afternoon. Been a rough week and anything helps. 

Prayers to you and your family.

16 hours ago, Dalton26 said:

Ah man.  I'm so sorry to hear this.  Prayers for you and the family.

Sending prayers your way

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using BtownBanners mobile app

On 4/7/2022 at 11:05 PM, Dalton26 said:

Prayers to you and yours brother.

A kid I worked with at Walmart just passed from cancer, took about 8 months from diagnosis... Was in his Senior year, had been accepted to Sullivan to become a pastry chef... Not gonna give out any names or anything but just remember to keep your loved ones close. Cherish every single day you have. 

Keep the family of Ray Pavy in your thoughts and prayers tonight.

Indiana high school legend Ray Pavy passed away today at the age of 80.  He scored 51 points for New Castle in a win over Kokomo and Jimmy Rayl's 49 points.  Both enrolled at IU but Pavy later became paralyzed as a result of an automobile accident on Labor Day weekend 1961.

For those unfamiliar with Pavy's story:  https://iuhoosiers.com/news/2022/5/17/mens-basketball-former-hoosier-ray-pavy-passes-away.aspx

Not necessarily seeking prayers, but just wanted to share something -- only because it popped up on my FB memories page -- and this seemed to the the most appropriate spot.

J.K. Simmons delivered this poignant message on Oscar night eight years ago. Back then, I noted how fortunate I was to have both parents alive. These days, I'm an orphan. My dad passed two years later and my mom -- an IU grad and big Hoosiers fan -- died just before Christmas, so J.K.'s words become even more impactful. 

If you're lucky enough to have a parent or two alive and they're not nearby, give 'em a jingle. 

I'm moving my oldest to Switzerland tomorrow for a year (she's working as au pair in Salmsach), flying from Chicago to Copenhagen, Copenhagen to Zurich, stay for a week, Zurich to Warsaw, Warsaw to Chicago. I could use whatever prayer, mojo, juju, etc. anyone can spare, for safe travel, safety for my daughter, and to ease my wife's anxiety.  Thank you!!!