Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

Prayer Thread

Still one of my favorite Oscar speeches. 

"Call your mom. Call your dad. If you're lucky enough to have a parent or two alive on this planet, call 'em. Don't text. Don't email. Call them on the phone. Tell them you love them, and thank them and listen to them for as long as they want to talk to you." 

My pop would've been 91 today. He passed four-plus years ago from Alzheimer's. He had an interesting sense of humor. Even before the Alzheimer's, when I'd call on his birthday ... 

Me: "Hi, Dad. Happy Birthday." 
Dad: "Who is this?" 

Miss ya, Dad. 

33 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

Still one of my favorite Oscar speeches. 

"Call your mom. Call your dad. If you're lucky enough to have a parent or two alive on this planet, call 'em. Don't text. Don't email. Call them on the phone. Tell them you love them, and thank them and listen to them for as long as they want to talk to you." 

My pop would've been 91 today. He passed four-plus years ago from Alzheimer's. He had an interesting sense of humor. Even before the Alzheimer's, when I'd call on his birthday ... 

Me: "Hi, Dad. Happy Birthday." 
Dad: "Who is this?" 

Miss ya, Dad. 

I feel you brother.  Prayers as you go through your day. 
I lost my father 23 yrs ago. He never saw my college graduation, wedding, birth and growth of my children. I can’t call him to ask him a home or auto maintenance question. 
Call your folks. Let them know you love them. 

Just now, OliviaPope40 said:

I could really use some prayers from my Btown family. This morning I lost my second to last surviving grandparent. It was my mom's dad she lived to be 93 and I always said that she was going to make it to 100 and her mother made it to 99. 

Positive thoughts and vibes, Olivia.

51 minutes ago, OliviaPope40 said:

I could really use some prayers from my Btown family. This morning I lost my second to last surviving grandparent. It was my mom's dad she lived to be 93 and I always said that she was going to make it to 100 and her mother made it to 99. 

Very sorry for your loss.  Sympathies to you and  your family.

Hey guys. Could use some words of strength and healing. Last night the father of a girl in my daughters Girl Scout troop succumbed to injuries in a tragic auto/pedestrian accident (leaving behind a wife and 5 children). 

This morning we received a call from the vet that our cat, Phantom, passed away. He went in Friday night with a urinary block and then passed away to heart failure this early AM. 
You got them

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, OliviaPope40 said:

Condolences.

93 is pretty special. 

The woman loved college basketball would always read her the top twenty-five when it came out. She would ask who was playing when, what time, and the station Here are her thoughts on a couple of coaches:

1. She did not like Bob Huggins and she hated West Virginia

2. She thought Izzo was annoying when he would yell at a ref or player. We always joked that he at some point was going to have a heart attack.

3. For some mystifying reason she liked Syracuse I have a cousin who went to Cornell and she had a Syracuse t-shirt

4. She always for one reason or another liked Duke I think she liked them during the 92 season we always talked about what the game would be like if K were to retire

Edited by OliviaPope40

28 minutes ago, OliviaPope40 said:

The woman loved college basketball would always read her the top twenty-five when it came out. She would ask who was playing when, what time, and the station Here are her thoughts on a couple of coaches:

1. She did not like Bob Huggins and she hated West Virginia

2. She thought Izzo was annoying when he would yell at a ref or player. We always joked that he at some point was going to have a heart attack.

Great memories. Sorry for your loss. 

2 hours ago, OliviaPope40 said:

Thoughts and prayers. Sorry for your loss. 

12 hours ago, OliviaPope40 said:

Thoughts and prayers to you and your family. 

6 hours ago, Dalton26 said:

Any prayers for my family would be appreciated. 

my stepmoms uncle passed away on Tuesday, my grandpa passed away this morning, and then my stepmoms grandma passed away this afternoon. Been a rough week and anything helps. 

Lifting your family in prayer!

my stepmoms uncle passed away on Tuesday, my grandpa passed away this morning, and then my stepmoms grandma passed away this afternoon. Been a rough week and anything helps. 

With you Dalton

Prayers and deepest sympathies to you and your family at a most difficult time.