Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Loaded Chicken Sandwich

Purdon't picked to win the Big Ten

On 10/2/2024 at 5:52 PM, Josh said:

Can we please change the spelling in the thread title to Purdoo, Purpoo, or Purdump?  Seriously.

Also lol, the Purdumpsters ain't winning the Big Ten this year

I like Turdue as the Thread name

Turdue won’t win the B10, Smith won’t be Big POY and he won’t be 1st team either.  5 of his assist per game went to Edey, that will go down significantly with Kaufman-Renn in the post.  Edey is a much bigger lose to Turdue than anyone wants to admit.  Painter is a good coach but he’s not that good to be able to coach a team with the caliber level they have coming back to win the B10.  

On 10/2/2024 at 5:38 PM, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

I don’t for a minute think PUke will win the B1G but don’t underestimate Painter as a coach.

I agree and to be fair to them, if they should win the BT, that would honestly be very impressive.  Personally, I think they finish outside of the top 5.

18 minutes ago, IUFAN1976 said:

Turdue won’t win the B10, Smith won’t be Big POY and he won’t be 1st team either.  5 of his assist per game went to Edey, that will go down significantly with Kaufman-Renn in the post.  Edey is a much bigger lose to Turdue than anyone wants to admit.  Painter is a good coach but he’s not that good to be able to coach a team with the caliber level they have coming back to win the B10.  

I also think that Lance Jones is a really notable loss, especially on the defensive end and as a culture builder (along with Gillis and Morton) . 

2 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

I also think that Lance Jones is a really notable loss, especially on the defensive end and as a culture builder (along with Gillis and Morton) . 

I agree! Jones, Morton & Gillis played a lot of minutes for them and were critical players within their rotation, especially Jones and Gillis.

After the Toiletmakers swept us with the win at Wackey Arena last season, Braden Smith very snidely commented he was surprised at how easy it was for him to get to the bucket. 

Now, I don't advocate violence (well -- maybe just a little) -- but I hope the first time we play them this season, on his first drive, someone puts him on his a$$. 

2 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

After the Toiletmakers swept us with the win at Wackey Arena last season, Braden Smith very snidely commented how he was surprised at how easy it was for him to get to the bucket. 

Now, I don't advocate violence (well -- maybe just a little) -- but I hope the first time we play them this season, on his first drive, someone puts him on his a$$. 

image.jpeg

2 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

After the Toiletmakers swept us with the win at Wackey Arena last season, Braden Smith very snidely commented how he was surprised at how easy it was for him to get to the bucket. 

Turdue is good but I think I like Toiletmakers better!  The only problem, I am lazy and Turdue takes less time and energy to type, lol!

Maybe Ballo can give him a cloths line as he’s driving the lane!

9 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

This year I think he'll be surprised how easily he may get locked up by IUs back court. He can still bail himself out by throwing prayers to Purdoo's latest beanstalk villain, but they're gonna be able to turn him over and wear him out on the defensive side of the ball too 

I expect a well coached Purdue team this year that has some talent... but not as much as they did last year/we do this year... and will need some time to form their new identity in the post-Edey era. I'd be sort of surprised if they were serious contenders in the conference this year but certainly not an "easy" win. 

On paper, we should kick their butts this season. 

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

image.png

Indiana Basketball on X: "10 points for JHS to lead all. Purdue 19, #IUBB  18 | 10:33 1H https://t.co/mQDXIWVAyl" / X

We should get a couple guys to dress up like JHS and TJD for Halloween. Have them go trick-or-treat at the Painter Residence (run PnR in Painter's front yard while he peaks through the curtains shaking uncontrollably.)

I'm not bashing Purdue here, but I really don't get all this #1 hype and also the Braden Smith hype. Smith is good, but he absolutely fed on Edey - as he should have. And to be clear, Pat Fainter is an excellent coach & I hate it. Purdue fans who chirp about how Smith didn't need Edey to put up the assist numbers and spread the floor accordingly are simply delusional. Also, they are losing a massive percentage of points, rebounds and blocks. Edey was so outstanding - a true anomaly. No new talent, "ok" talent coming back, but to run away with the B1G?? This has nothing to do with whether IU will or will not perform....I simply don't get it, at all. Them ending up #1 would mean every single player takes a MASSIVE leap forward and they never really needed Edey in the first place.

Purdue being preseason number 1 is the reason why no one takes the B1G seriously come March.   No fault of Purdue but if they are you conferences preseason #1 team then the conference isn’t going to be strong.  Going on 25 year drought for the B1G winning it all.    B1G needs more talent.   Smith and Loyer are getting love because they will be 3 year starters for the number 1 team in the conference over the last 3 years and Painter is finally getting his flowers in the media over his last couple years of success  Purdue hasn’t lost a non conference game outside the NCAA tourney in 3 years.  Probably won’t be a national title contender but definitely will compete for the B1G.  

12 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Purdue being preseason number 1 is the reason why no one takes the B1G seriously come March.   No fault of Purdue but if they are you conferences preseason #1 team then the conference isn’t going to be strong.  Going on 25 year drought for the B1G winning it all.    B1G needs more talent.   Smith and Loyer are getting love because they will be 3 year starters for the number 1 team in the conference over the last 3 years and Painter is finally getting his flowers in the media over his last couple years of success  Purdue hasn’t lost a non conference game outside the NCAA tourney in 3 years.  Probably won’t be a national title contender but definitely will compete for the B1G.  

BINGO!!! 

Braden Smith preseason conference POY? ... he looks like he's 14 (regardless of the grungy facial hair). 

hard to take our conference seriously