Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

Olympics Thread

22 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Olympics actually start today.    Soccer and Rugby today to  start it off on USA network.  I love these next 2 weeks where I get to watch some sports I would usually not watch.   Favorite one to watch during the Olympics is Handball 

Handball’s great. I love Olympic Volleyball. Those guys are unbelievable.

Olympics actually start today.    Soccer and Rugby today to  start it off on USA network.  I love these next 2 weeks where I get to watch some sports I would usually not watch.   Favorite one to watch during the Olympics is Handball 
My favorites are Track and Field, equestrian, trap shooting, archery. I will watch, like you, some of the sports we don't normally see.
My least favorites, boxing, gymnastics, weightlifting

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

At least the US is keeping it close in rugby vs Fiji (38-5 lol). I love rugby- my buddy went to Indiana State and played rugby for them. They needed some fill in players, so I volunteered vs IU. Big mistake. Broken nose and a concussion later, it's one of my favorite sports. Nobody parties like rugby players

4 hours ago, mamasa said:

At least the US is keeping it close in rugby vs Fiji (38-5 lol). I love rugby- my buddy went to Indiana State and played rugby for them. They needed some fill in players, so I volunteered vs IU. Big mistake. Broken nose and a concussion later, it's one of my favorite sports. Nobody parties like rugby players

That sounds like the episode of Friends where Ross decides to play a rugby game. 

I always enjoy watching the Olympics. I don’t watch a whole lot else when they are going on. 

US Men’s soccer is just in a rough place. 

4 hours ago, mamasa said:

Just turned on the USA-France game. Jesus, the officials. Maybe I’m just used to officials looking like guys who couldn’t play, but, man, these guys look like they need to be tested for PED’s. Love it. 

Watched the soccer game between France and USA.  France really pressured USA the whole game.  USA looked sloppy passing and their defense was soft but jelled around the goal.

0 - 0 at the half.  In the 2nd period again, France pressured, and the USA had some great opportunities.  Turned the game off after it was 3 France, zip USA.  

Not a happy camper.

And my best friend has cancer.  Will see him Thursday to get the whole picture.  But I do have a new quiver of bad jokes.  He is an OSU fan.  Told him I know acupuncture.  En garde!

Having the teams floating down the Seine for the opening ceremony seems like an interesting idea, but it’s not really working. The distance from the crowds is pretty dampening of the energy. As in, there’s none.

Sports I otherwise never watch but enjoy in the Olympics— swimming (and I have a friend who’s kid is in his second Olympics), big women’s race today, women’s gymnastics, skateboarding, and other sports I’ll just watch because of the intensity and drama of these guys/girls getting their dream moments after all the years that went into getting there. Flip side, not a fan of NBA - Olympic bball, couldn’t care less about LeBron and Steph as “olympic” bball players or otherwise “Olympic” teams that are just pros