Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

Olympics Thread

6 hours ago, RaceToTheTop said:

Tatum and Halliburton DNP against Serbia.

I doubt Haliburton sees much time with the log jam at the guard positions, which sucks because he'll get your team points even if he's not shooting the ball. Edwards is Edwards, but he's stuck behind the legend of Curry, the possibility Booker won't go 3-15, and two defensive guards. To not get off the bench however is criminal under use when he's the best facilitator and transition point on the roster.

Simply overlooked because of his defense and he's not explosive or flashy. Hopefully it lights a fire under him, especially to work on his defensive game.

5 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

Three Celtics on the US team. Two are integral parts of the team.

Tatum is the third.

I despise Boston with every ounce of my being. But Jrue is a tough mf. 

Also KD scoring 23 on 9 fga is insane efficiency. 

12 hours ago, HinnyHoosier said:

I doubt Haliburton sees much time with the log jam at the guard positions, which sucks because he'll get your team points even if he's not shooting the ball. Edwards is Edwards, but he's stuck behind the legend of Curry, the possibility Booker won't go 3-15, and two defensive guards. To not get off the bench however is criminal under use when he's the best facilitator and transition point on the roster.

Simply overlooked because of his defense and he's not explosive or flashy. Hopefully it lights a fire under him, especially to work on his defensive game.

I think Hali is just happy to be there. I don't think he's really made for the Olympics. Doesn't have that kind of edge to him. That's what made guys like LeBron, Melo, KD, Kobe, Wade, Dream Team so special. It's the Olympics. It's going to be physical and you have to be willing to go at everyone's throat, in every game. Not sure Hali has that. He's perfectly made for today's NBA game. Tatum on the other hand... Not sure why he got a DNP behind Booker. I don't think it was play because Embiid is still on the court a lot.

Interesting story on Chase Budinger former NBA then Euro player now olympic beach volleyball - won his opening match against French team. Grew up playing volleyball but went all in for bball, played at AZ as peeps here will probably recall.

12 minutes ago, HoosierHoopster said:

Interesting story on Chase Budinger former NBA then Euro player now olympic beach volleyball - won his opening match against French team. Grew up playing volleyball but went all in for bball, played at AZ as peeps here will probably recall.

Budinger was an absolute Guy in HS. I believe he was the Parade National POY in volleyball and then a Burger Boy for good measure. That’s pretty good. 

12 minutes ago, HoosierHoopster said:

OK  this woman is just plain cool.

CHATEAUROUX, FRANCE - JULY 28: Kim Yeji of Team Republic of Korea shoots during the Women’s 10m Air Pistol Final on day two of the Olympic Games Paris 2024 at Chateauroux Shooting Centre on July 28, 2024 in Chateauroux, France. (Photo by Charles McQuillan/Getty Images)

Kim Yeji at the 2024 Olympics in Paris.

South Korea's Kim Yeji may have won the silver medal in the women's 10 meter air pistol contest, but she's won gold across the world for her style.

https://www.npr.org/2024/07/31/g-s1-14616/olympics-paris-sharpshooter-style-kim-yeji

She looks confident to say the least. Assassin vibes, lol.

Personally I like this guy. Without any assistive gear he just looks like a 51 year old random who walked into the Olympics and won a Silver. 

image.thumb.png.6b518a93b59ac083c4821ccee8183a90.png

On 8/1/2024 at 9:18 AM, HoosierHoopster said:

OK  this woman is just plain cool.

CHATEAUROUX, FRANCE - JULY 28: Kim Yeji of Team Republic of Korea shoots during the Women’s 10m Air Pistol Final on day two of the Olympic Games Paris 2024 at Chateauroux Shooting Centre on July 28, 2024 in Chateauroux, France. (Photo by Charles McQuillan/Getty Images)

Kim Yeji at the 2024 Olympics in Paris.

South Korea's Kim Yeji may have won the silver medal in the women's 10 meter air pistol contest, but she's won gold across the world for her style.

https://www.npr.org/2024/07/31/g-s1-14616/olympics-paris-sharpshooter-style-kim-yeji

https://x.com/historyinmemes/status/1818985027587461509

Dude’s tweet here is absolutely correct. Flipping up the lens and staring down the camera is about as bada$$ as it gets.

On 8/1/2024 at 10:33 AM, HinnyHoosier said:

She looks confident to say the least. Assassin vibes, lol.

Personally I like this guy. Without any assistive gear he just looks like a 51 year old random who walked into the Olympics and won a Silver. 

image.thumb.png.6b518a93b59ac083c4821ccee8183a90.png

It's not visible here, but he's actually wearing ear plugs. 

He looks like the guy from down the street who just got back from Lowe's and is ready to do some serious yard work.