Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

iubb

Malik Reneau is returning to IU

5 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I donated this season to NIL. How much do I have to donate to find out if I get to complain or not? NIL police

If you donated to their collective while already knowing they're not transparent about how much each player is getting, that's on you. Seems kind of weird to turn around later to complain about an IU player getting paid by them.

I just read that.  Of course he is, he gets the ball fed to him almost every time down the floor.  I was hoping he was going to transfer.  He just plays dumb and not just fouling.  Also, he needs to rebound better and become more of a threat as a shot blocker, but we know that won’t happen 

1 minute ago, go iu bb said:

If you donated to their collective while already knowing they're not transparent about how much each player is getting, that's on you. Seems kind of weird to turn around later to complain about an IU player getting paid by them.

Oh if all of his money is only coming from the Hoosier Hysterics then that is different. I didn't donate to them. I donate to Hoosier for good. 

1 minute ago, Chris007 said:

Oh if all of his money is only coming from the Hoosier Hysterics then that is different. I didn't donate to them. I donate to Hoosier for good. 

And the person who was complaining was questioning how much HH was paying him. I think Hoosiers for Good does show how much they pay each player.

9 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Reneau is one of like 3 players on the roster actually worth paying. 

Odds are high, though, that well now see the same antiquated offense we’ve seen for the past three years. 

Problem is the odds were just as high even if he would have left. 

I didn't think Malik's return was ever in doubt. Not sure why this is framed as one of the biggest questions going into the offseason.

The one I'm waiting on is Bako. I think he'll return, given his increased role, and that he finally seemed to get the green light to shoot later in the season -- hope that news comes in soon.

19 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

I’m not sure why we have went to being concerned about the lack of players coming back and that you can’t win with so many transfers to worrying about the amount of money that a 15 ppg scoring sophomore coming back would be getting paid.

Because if we don’t complain about everything then nothing gets done! /s

1 hour ago, Chris007 said:

I haven't heard the exact number yet but I know at some point he was interested in going back to Florida so if he didn't then we paid him handsomely 

You can't play inside out without the inside

And you can't play inside out with no outside.... lol. Glad Malik's back (never saw it as a question) --

but please let Woodson have a come to Jesus moment that shines a bright light from above on the perimeter line.

2 minutes ago, HoosierHoopster said:

I didn't think Malik's return was ever in doubt. Not sure why this is framed as one of the biggest questions going into the offseason.

The one I'm waiting on is Bako. I think he'll return, given his increased role, and that he finally seemed to get the green light to shoot later in the season -- hope that news comes in soon.

MR sort of alluded to his return if he doesn’t get any NBA traction 

1 minute ago, 8bucks said:

MR sort of alluded to his return if he doesn’t get any NBA traction 

Do you mean Bako or Malik? Malik's not going to get NBA traction... And Bako likely will -- and absolutely should -- test the waters, then come back after he gets the feedback on what he needs to get drafted. Give him another season or maybe 2, I think he gets there.

4 minutes ago, sirhoosierlot said:

Is he going to go through the draft process as well? Was that mentioned in the interview?

Yeah MR seemed to indicate MR would check the NBA evaluations but it seems more of an information gathering process for him. 

Just now, HoosierHoopster said:

Do you mean Bako or Malik? Malik's not going to get NBA traction... And Bako likely will -- and absolutely should -- test the waters, then come back after he gets the feedback on what he needs to get drafted. Give him another season or maybe 2, I think he gets there.

To be clearer. MR said he would do some NBA evaluation it seems fully to be information gathering for him. Right after talking about that he said but I will be back at IU. As for MM, MR did sort of indicate that MM would probably be back unless he gets some news from the NBA evaluation