Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

Transfer Portal w IU Interest

16 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Zach Anderson FGCU who hit a ton of 3's against us is supposedly visiting soon. Maybe as soon as today. 

Any chance they might get in touch with Jaden Schutt? Duke shooting guard from Chicago area now in portal

8 minutes ago, Magisterium said:

Any chance they might get in touch with Jaden Schutt? Duke shooting guard from Chicago area now in portal

No chance. I'm just kidding I really don't have any idea. 

Zach Anderson is an interesting one...IU is at least gauging his interest I guess. He was above the 70th percentile in catch and shoot field goals and in the 99% nationally for catch and shoot three-point attempts. He's 6'7" and listed as a forward. I looked up his games against teams with a pulse (IU included):

7-13 from the field and 5-7 from 3 for 19 points against IU

-Pitt: 39 minutes and ten points on eight shots with six rebounds

-Cincy: 31 minutes, 4-9 from the field and 8 points

-Minnesota: 34 minutes, 4-12/1-1 from 3 with 14 points and 7 rebounds

-FAU (a win for FGCU): 37 minutes, 8-12 with 3-5 from 3, 10 rebounds and 21 points

-Stetson: 28 minutes, 28 minutes, 9-12 from the field with 3-4 from three and 23 points

-EKU: 35 minutes, 5-9 from the field, 5 rebounds and 16 points

If we put him in catch and shoot situations...he would be an interesting addition. I would certainly prefer TJ Power and Ben Humrichous but he might make more sense than someone like Leland Walker who would function as an emergency point guard.

14 minutes ago, steubenhoosier said:

Asking again as it may have gotten buried.

Anything pertinent with the Malone visit?

I have read that "it went well" and he's a take for Indiana. He's planning on taking a visit to Colorado (who has a shell of a roster) and that things "could take a bit to play out". I'd say it's another hurry up and wait situation.

1 hour ago, Hoosier DaDa said:

I saw a few days back that IU was in contact with Koby Brea.  Is there any traction with him because he is what we need.

FWIW, a tweet I saw of an 'insider' (I don't recall who) indicated that there were five schools in the mix, none of which was IU.

2 hours ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

Adou Thiero(6'8" 222lbs listed as a guard on ESPN but more likely a SF imo) visited IU during his original recruitment coming out of high school, a versatile defender and has a high motor.  Isn't Bryson Tucker considered to be very similar to that of Adou?  Can you imagine them two on the court together.  

Yeah I don't know what specific role he gives you offensively but for a team who likes to switch as much as Indiana in Woodson system, Thiero can guard 1-4 and challenge anybody at the rim defensively. 

1 hour ago, HoosierHoopster said:

This is kind of a continuing discussion, I don't mean to beat it to death (it's probably already 6 feet under) but it's not that they're afraid, it's not part of the offensive scheme or sets or system that Woodson runs. You don't shoot by numbers at the bottom of D1 ball because some guys are supposedly afraid to shoot. FWIW Bako started taking more 3's as the season progressed, I'm hoping that, along with the total flop of a season we just had and the public calls for Woodson's firing will get him into the current century, so he / assistants start scheming for outside shooting.

The ones I remember seeing were looks of "I won't hit this" and they don't shoot it. It wasn't because of the system.

3 minutes ago, AH1971 said:

Yeah I don't know what specific role he gives you offensively but for a team who likes to switch as much as Indiana in Woodson system, Thiero can guard 1-4 and challenge anybody at the rim defensively. 

I honestly don't think he is an option for IU. Sounds like there are several teams a head of us.

2 hours ago, HoosierHoopster said:

It's not that they tell them don't shoot them, they don't scheme for outside shooting, run sets for outside shooting, or in any way emphasize it. Woodson himself has publicly acknowledged he doesn't. Only way you finish at the bottom of all DI ball on shooting 3's is not integrating them in your system. Run sets, run plays for guys to launch, make it a priority. All need to happen.

Understand the point. But there is 5+ open 3’s a game that were passed up. The players passed them up, without the coaches telling them to not shoot an open 3. They take what’s already open and they average the same number of 3pt shots a game as Purdue. 

32 minutes ago, Feathery said:

Understand the point. But there is 5+ open 3’s a game that were passed up. The players passed them up, without the coaches telling them to not shoot an open 3. They take what’s already open and they average the same number of 3pt shots a game as Purdue. 

Either way, it's a coaching problem. If you say they are not told to pass up the shot and they pass up the shot, you aren't doing a good job of coaching them.

48 minutes ago, AH1971 said:

I don't know why but he reminds me of Jerome Hunter

Unfortunately, if he were to come here, MR would not be guarding him in games.