Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Pat Forde was on Valvano's show and was talking about the possible replacements saying, "don't completely rule out Brad Stevens." I think no way it happens, but man that might be the end college bball Fandom for me. 

1 minute ago, BtownStrength said:

Pat Forde was on Valvano's show and was talking about the possible replacements saying, "don't completely rule out Brad Stevens." I think no way it happens, but man that might be the end college bball Fandom for me. 

I wander how NBA coaches like Woodson would do.  I think the game has changed and Brand, Billy and others might struggle just like CMW has.  who knows though.  

6 minutes ago, BtownStrength said:

Oh it’s ruled out. lol

Dammit!
I was hoping for a hot drama mess.
Maybe they will hire Rick Pitino. Or Ricky Pitino Jr. Or Bruce Pearl. Or Steven Pearl. Or Archie Miller. Or Matt Painter. 
I would like that. 
The reason painter won't go to Kentucky. First he isn't qualified. He had had his chances in the tournament now with good teams a d the results are pretty far from what Kentucky fans will accept and get behind if hired. Second reason is because painter is purdue all the way. It's why they have success and why they are light years ahead of us. He truly had passion for the program and seems committed to giving them as much success as possible. They have a culture and that he and Gene have built and I don't see him leaving till he wants to retire or a person he feels can lead purdue into the future comes along. My opinion but they truly do what's best for the program imo

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

9 minutes ago, BtownStrength said:

Forde's nuts. 

Can you imagine a guy who's the president of the team with the NBA's best record -- by a healthy margin -- returning to coach college basketball? Coming to a game where he has to go into people's houses and beg kids to play for him? Where he has to figure out which players will get which pieces of the NIL pie? Where once a season ends, he has to keep an eye on who's leaving and who might be available to come into his program? Where the fan base (like ours -- LOL) is absolutely nuts? Where he has to run practices, go over film and prepare for games, etc? 

giphy.gif

14 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

Forde's nuts. 

Can you imagine a guy who's the president of the team with the NBA's best record -- by a healthy margin -- returning to coach college basketball? Coming to a game where he has to go into people's houses and beg kids to play for him? Where he has to figure out which players will get which pieces of the NIL pie? Where once a season ends, he has to keep an eye on who's leaving and who might be available to come into his program? Where the fan base (like ours -- LOL) is absolutely nuts? Where he has to run practices, go over film and prepare for games, etc? 

giphy.gif

Hasn’t coached the college game in what 10 years? Highly unlikely Billy D comes back as well.

2 hours ago, LamarCheeks said:

Forde's nuts. 

giphy.gif

I think he’s trolling the UK fans. I remember reading he hates Kensucky.

2 hours ago, BtownStrength said:

That would be a real gut punch if Stevens went to Kentucky.  I don't see it happening, but if Stevens went to Kentucky, it would make you wonder if there was a faction wanting Woodson when we pursued Stevens that somehow derailed our efforts.  

29 minutes ago, HoosierTrav said:

Whether you agree with this or not, this is what the IU administrations have done to this program. This is national perception and it’s infuriating. 

IMG_8761.jpeg

I'd be interested in a list pulled together based on active coaches rankings of the top jobs...but Brad Crawford, College Football Analyst from 247 sports, list? Meh...not sure I would say this list represents the 'national perception' of tops jobs in college hoops. Looks more like his personal ranking based on what he thinks about programs current "resources, brand appeal, fan support and those in immediate position to be successful as a perennial contender". 

Here's the article. 

https://247sports.com/longformarticle/arkansas-landing-john-calipari-disrupts-college-basketballs-top-10-job-rankings-230101384/#2402675

11 minutes ago, monskisprodigy said:

I'd be interested in a list pulled together based on active coaches rankings of the top jobs...but Brad Crawford, College Football Analyst from 247 sports, list? Meh...not sure I would say this list represents the 'national perception' of tops jobs in college hoops. Looks more like his personal ranking based on what he thinks about programs current "resources, brand appeal, fan support and those in immediate position to be successful as a perennial contender". 

Here's the article. 

https://247sports.com/longformarticle/arkansas-landing-john-calipari-disrupts-college-basketballs-top-10-job-rankings-230101384/#2402675

I used to have that same belief. But this is national sentiment amongst the majority of cbb and I’d assume that’s the case with coaches, since we cannot seem to attract top tier coaching talent. 

4 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

Dammit!

I was hoping for a hot drama mess.

Maybe they will hire Rick Pitino. Or Ricky Pitino Jr. Or Bruce Pearl. Or Steven Pearl. Or Archie Miller. Or Matt Painter. 

I would like that. 

Or Kenny ****in Payne!

2 hours ago, HoosierTrav said:

I used to have that same belief. But this is national sentiment amongst the majority of cbb and I’d assume that’s the case with coaches, since we cannot seem to attract top tier coaching talent. 

Is it the goal of the administration that ran the program into the ground - to make the place so toxic for the upper tier of coaches that none would ever consider coming here? It seems to be working.