Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

2 hours ago, RaceToTheTop said:

IMO, if IU has made in roads with kids in the portal, then do NOT go after Fland.  He’s likely going to just follow Cal to Kentucky.  Don’t waste precious time and goodwill with the guys in the portal you are recruiting.

I think we have contacted multiple guards who are better than Fland. 

47 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Myles Rice over Fland any day every day. 

Yes, at least when we are talking NEXT year... 

Now... Somto wants to have a chat about what kinda offer we can come up with him?.. yeah I'm all for that. Exact skillset we need to couple with Malik and I'd think he'd be fine with coming off the bench? 

Aaron Bradshaw still hasn't gotten in the portal? 

This made me chuckle ... 

It's almost like this dude is implying that Cal is leaving so he can win a natty. 

Hell, he coulda won nattys at UK (more than one anyway). He chose to focus on putting guys in the NBA rather than NCAA tournament success. Guess he either never learned -- or learned too late -- those two don't necessarily go hand-in-hand. 

https://x.com/JacksonCollier/status/1777291509194182760

1 hour ago, IU - Kaulie said:

Donovan

I suspect he'd stay in the NBA if he can. But he's probably pretty close to the end of his second stint and it hasn't been very successful.  If he given more time with the Bulls or another NBA job,  I would think he would stay.  

Otoh, if his time  with the Bulls is up and he doesn't have any HC options in the NBA, going to UK for ~10mil/5yrs is a nice gig for a guy close to 60 with probably only one real big job left.   

Idk...I could see it if things break right for UK.

Posted (edited)

This eclipse thing has everything turned upside down.  Louisville fires their coach, IU wants to get rid of their coach and he won't leave, UK's coach leaves on his own, Moren turns down Tenn job (that one is a good thing), Painter may win a Natty.

Crazy year in basketball.  

Edited by Class of '66 Old Fart
Fixed spelling on Moren

Seems like a good time to re-post this.  IMO pUKe won't seriously look at anyone already as old as Cal (64)

Age @ 1/24

Beilein 70
Pitino 71
Barnes 69
Izzo 68
Sampson 68
Calipari 64
McCaffery 64
Pearl 63
Few 61
Marshall 60
Self 61
Matta  56
Miller, Sean 55
Bennett 54
Mack  54
Davis, H. 53
Gard 53
Painter 53
Cronin 52
Holtmann 52
B. Hurley 52
D. Hurley 51
Beard 50
Oats 49
Wade 41
Scheyer 36

I seriously don't think there's enough allure in college basketball to land Donovan and get back into recruiting battles and now with NIL poker added into the mix.  NBA recycles coaches or he'll get a broadcasting gig.  

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

Talking out loud..  why did Musselman going to USC make sense at all? 

Arkansas is literally a better job. 

Not sure he wasn't pushed out at Ark. 

SIAP, but there were rumors of issues with the NCAA coming. Not sure that should scare anyone away as nothing will happen, but that was the rumor.

Also, he was wearing on key people around the program so the working relationship wasn't in a great place I believe. Agree though, it is a better job than USC.

6 minutes ago, Trish said:

I think Woodson should go to Kentucky! He has string NBA connections, he rather play the NIL game than recruit, and he’s made multiple NCAA tournaments. Would be a great hire for UK!

@Trish you didn't hear? Mike Woodson and Kenny Payne are in serious talks to become CO-Head coaches for UK. 

9 minutes ago, IUc2016 said:

SIAP, but there were rumors of issues with the NCAA coming. Not sure that should scare anyone away as nothing will happen, but that was the rumor.

Also, he was wearing on key people around the program so the working relationship wasn't in a great place I believe. Agree though, it is a better job than USC.

Same things I saw. Read he is 'intense' and burns out a position after a few years. He seemed to really have it rolling there.