Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Payne officially fired ... This, from the ESPN story. Dude was there for two years of a six-year contract and U of Six gets off with a "measly" $8M buyout? How did we get so stupid with our contracts!

Louisville is expected to owe Payne around $8 million, the buyout of what is remaining on the six-year contract he signed when he was hired, sources told ESPN.

2 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

Payne officially fired ... This, from the ESPN story. Dude was there for two years of a six-year contract and U of Six gets off with a "measly" $8M buyout? How did we get so stupid with our contracts!

Louisville is expected to owe Payne around $8 million, the buyout of what is remaining on the six-year contract he signed when he was hired, sources told ESPN.

Man I should have gone into coaching. 

Even if you suck you get paid more than I'll ever see! Lol

21 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

No kidding. He lasted 2 years and his buyout is less than we'd owe Woodson after 3.

4 minutes ago, JSHoosier said:

No kidding. He lasted 2 years and his buyout is less than we'd owe Woodson after 3.

Had to pay Allen $15.5M to go away after he had been HC of the football program for 8 years. And that was negotiated down from slightly over $20M. 

And put $10M in Archie's pockets on his way out -- after four seasons. 

4 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

To the surprise of no one. The guy had become pretty universally loathed in the local basketball world and his recruiting had dried up. The real question is who’s making the hire. The AD, Chris May, has been there a good while and supposedly the local donor base is down on him. But that is potentially a really good job. Great conference. Good facilities. Solid recruiting base. Agreeable admissions. Great NIL potential. They pay big. Ford was over 2 mil. Byington has been the name tossed around for a while, but I don’t see that one. Not to crush any spirits around here, because I know nothing, but this feels an awful lot like it could be the Josh Schertz seat. 

27 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

Mike Boynton out at OK State. I miss them being relevant. Gallagher-Iba games are awesome when they're good.

Matt Norlander  --  Between Boynton's guaranteed money for getting sacked and the hiring of a new staff, sources in the industry speculated Oklahoma State will need to inject at least $12 million in this hiring cycle. And that is before NIL fundraising. OSU ranks near the bottom in the Big 12.

Just now, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Matt Norlander  --  Between Boynton's guaranteed money for getting sacked and the hiring of a new staff, sources in the industry speculated Oklahoma State will need to inject at least $12 million in this hiring cycle. And that is before NIL fundraising. OSU ranks near the bottom in the Big 12.

Oof. I may have to continue to miss them being relevant lol.

Nebraska is a better job than Vanderbilt. Especially right now.

Also why does Hoiberg need a fresh start? Odd thing to say given that he's getting an at-large tournament berth this year.

5 minutes ago, AKHoosier said:

Nebraska is a better job than Vanderbilt. Especially right now.

Also why does Hoiberg need a fresh start? Odd thing to say given that he's getting an at-large tournament berth this year.

Appears they deleted that tweet. Wonder if they were asked to.

44 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

How about a place to discuss the carousel? We'll keep the mailman's CBB thread about the games. Does losing his AD spook Fred out of Lincoln?

You know your program is a smoking crater when you’re pining for the halcyon days of…..Kevin Stallings. That job is so nasty, but they do pay.

1 hour ago, Demo said:

You know your program is a smoking crater when you’re pining for the halcyon days of…..Kevin Stallings. That job is so nasty, but they do pay.

26 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

I’d rather go to vandy than Depaul. I consider myself a realist and understand depaul probably pays decent, but it can also end your career.  I’m not sure what holtmann is thinking. I would think a high profile MM or a year doing TV would be preferable to Depaul.   

He eventually crapped out at osu but his time wasn’t that bad. He also had a successful butler stint. I would think next year a decent 2nd tier school would take a chance on him.  

Maybe I’m overreacting but that’s an odd move to me.