Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

3 minutes ago, btownqb said:

And then got the next 5 star recruit because he loved the first 5 star recruit so much. 

Don't forget--- Archie doesn't sniff Romeo if Pitino doesn't get in trouble at UL. Guess who Archie's best player was? Juwan Morgan-- a Crean recruit.  

Again, this is silly. 

I was more so alluding to the ridiculous assertion made by HF20017 that IU didn't enter into the gray area and that Archie was bad only because his hands were tied. Utter nonsense. 

9 minutes ago, AH1971 said:

I was more so alluding to the ridiculous assertion made by HF20017 that IU didn't enter into the gray area and that Archie was bad only because his hands were tied. Utter nonsense. 

Yeah his hands AND feet must be tied at Rhode Island. Because he stinks worse there lol

1 minute ago, Stuhoo said:

Yay?

Yes - yay!

Still a "yay" if he underperforms with that team but does well enough to keep his job to keep underperforming? That's more likely than him improving as a coach.

5 minutes ago, go iu bb said:

Still a "yay" if he underperforms with that team but does well enough to keep his job to keep underperforming? That's more likely than him improving as a coach.

It's still about the Jimmies and Joes. This will be by far and away Woodson's deepest and most talented team. 

15 minutes ago, AH1971 said:

It's still about the Jimmies and Joes. This will be by far and away Woodson's deepest and most talented team. 

Comfortably. And if you want to play with that idea a little more, if your 6 thru 12 is:

Galloway, Goode, Tucker, Cupps, Leal, Newton(wild card, obviously) and Hatton(for the sake of this exercise) 

I’m trying to think of any IU roster of remotely recent vintage that has a 6 thru 12 that this group doesn’t hammer in a game.

Comfortably. And if you want to play with that idea a little more, if your 6 thru 12 is:
Galloway, Goode, Tucker, Cupps, Leal, Newton(wild card, obviously) and Hatton(for the sake of this exercise) 
I’m trying to think of any IU roster of remotely recent vintage that has a 6 thru 12 that this group doesn’t hammer in a game.
Are the last 3 in that group journeymen, or bench warmers......I'm confused. 🤣

Sent from my SM-S906U using BtownBanners mobile app

3 hours ago, Demo said:

So why aren’t expectations sky high — Big 10 champions minimum?

On 5/13/2024 at 8:18 AM, steubenhoosier said:

Frankly, I find some of Davis' behaviors much more appalling than anything Woodson has said. The whole "I don't desreve to coach here" situation was such an embarrassment.

Something Woodson should be saying about not deserving the job

10 hours ago, Demo said:

In the off- season I think we have now had an incredibly deep team approximately 6 of the last 7 off-seasons.  Sure looks good on paper but……….

Woodson's biggest advantage is ---- he's just a better coach. That's what I find to be not debatable. Ballo, Rice, and Kanaan, regardless of money, aren't coming here to play for Archie Miller. Goode would have--- but Archie's dumbass recruited others instead....
Franklin transferred on him. Archie couldn't create an advantage for himself in any way. 
Phinisee, Gunn, Lander, Fitz, Hunter, Anderson, Duncomb, Forrester, Geronimo, Parker Stewart...  the list goes on and on of just horrible scouting, development, whatever else. 
Pretty sure most power 5 coaches could get good players with 6 million dollars. Woodson had double what most big ten programs had to spend.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Hornsby said:

Pretty sure most power 5 coaches could get good players with 6 million dollars. Woodson had double what most big ten programs had to spend.

And for that we've gotten the best portal haul in the conference.

10 hours ago, Hornsby said:

And? 

I don't think those guys are signing to play for Archie. If you think otherwise, that's fine. 

Everyone does understand the amount we JUST spent in NIL is a VERY good thing, regardless if Woodson EFFs it up this year. Right? We get that? That has to be sooo attractive for coaching prospects.