Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson

2 hours ago, Hovadipo said:

If we were to turn down the NIT - assuming there isn't a coaching change and some mass exodus - we're a gigantic crybaby loser program and deserve every ounce of hate we get.

Why accept when you can get a head start for the portal? Gunn and banks are walking and mgbako and ware probably wouldn’t play for draft reasons.

24 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I think you can listen to his spaces on X and then what he said on Peegs. Then listen to what Woodson said Sunday and connect the dots. Actual proof no I don't have a recording of the call or screen shot of their text. 

But it is known on Peegs that Eric uses his podcast and collective as a mouthpiece of the staff. 

Ok. Maybe it wasn’t the “first” thing they did.  But clearly they got the talking points out. 

11 minutes ago, Banksyrules said:

man a lot has changes since the old rock/ Steve Austin days.  That's the last time I was "in" lol

I was around for the "Attitude Era" back then....then now my kids have had me at least watch it. Now a days its more of a soap opera/drama. 

31 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I think you can listen to his spaces on X and then what he said on Peegs. Then listen to what Woodson said Sunday and connect the dots. Actual proof no I don't have a recording of the call or screen shot of their text. 

But it is known on Peegs that Eric uses his podcast and collective as a mouthpiece of the staff. 

So, in other words no ,there is no proof. We are supposed to use our imagination to fill in the blanks?

That sounds like a lot of stuff around here. Nothing to back it up.

2 hours ago, ib4iu said:

But does anyone have any confidence at all that this staff can identify the players that can fill a specific role on next years team? Brian Walsh is following these players. Does this list get anyone that excited?

Cade Tyson, Belmont

Ryan Conwell, Indiana State

Isaiah Swope, Indiana State

Connor Hickman, Bradley - Bloomington South grad

Ben Humrichous, Evansville

Ryan Conwell, in my opinion, would have been our best guard this season. He's a very good player. Big, shoots it well, rebounds well for a guard, scores at multiple levels, plus-defender in the Missouri Valley. I don't think he'd score 18 per game but I would be willing to bet he could average 12-13 points per game as an efficient player in the Big Ten. Plus, he has two years of eligibility remaining.

Cade Tyson is a potential starter as well. Very good shooter for Belmont. Isaiah Swope is maybe 5'10"...he could be an asset off the bench but he would not be the starting point guard IU needs. Connor Hickman is a good shooter and would fill a role off the bench. He's better than Leal (in my opinion) or Gunn and could probably give IU 8-10 minutes per game. I think the targets that IU will ultimately pursue, given the urgency and the massive NIL budget we can swing around (and every recruit will know it and ask for top dolla as a result), will be top-end portal guys with guys like Conwell and Hickman as nice additional options that could be helpful.

3 minutes ago, Hoosierfanyuh said:

Why accept when you can get a head start for the portal? Gunn and banks are walking and mgbako and ware probably wouldn’t play for draft reasons.

I believe you can do both. And I did have a “mass exodus” qualifier.

7 minutes ago, HoosierHuddle said:

Ryan Conwell, in my opinion, would have been our best guard this season. He's a very good player. Big, shoots it well, rebounds well for a guard, scores at multiple levels, plus-defender in the Missouri Valley. I don't think he'd score 18 per game but I would be willing to bet he could average 12-13 points per game as an efficient player in the Big Ten. Plus, he has two years of eligibility remaining.

Cade Tyson is a potential starter as well. Very good shooter for Belmont. Isaiah Swope is maybe 5'10"...he could be an asset off the bench but he would not be the starting point guard IU needs. Connor Hickman is a good shooter and would fill a role off the bench. He's better than Leal (in my opinion) or Gunn and could probably give IU 8-10 minutes per game. I think the targets that IU will ultimately pursue, given the urgency and the massive NIL budget we can swing around (and every recruit will know it and ask for top dolla as a result), will be top-end portal guys with guys like Conwell and Hickman as nice additional options that could be helpful.

our fanbase would have freaked if we had taken commitments from Swope and Hickman out of HS. 

This is off topic, but I am curious if anyone can provide some light on this..

What is the scoop on Jordan Rayford? Know he has been hurt back to back seasons. Went to Airforce for a year over offers from Maine and Old Dominion. Nothing exciting with those offers, but D1 offers none the less...Doesn't seem like your traditional walk on, curious as to why he ended up here vs. trying to get a spot at a lower level school. 

Surely someone, somewhere could use a 6'5 guard. 

1 minute ago, monskisprodigy said:

What is the scoop on Jordan Rayford? Went to Airforce for a year over offers from Maine and Old Dominion. Nothing exciting with those offers, but D1 offers none the less...Doesn't seem like your traditional walk on, curious as to why he ended up here vs. trying to get a spot at a lower level school. 

They offered walk on when he was on campus.  He left and looked elsewhere for a scholarship and thought his best option was walking on IU.     Got hurt in one of the first practices and was out all year 

Just now, Tom White said:

So, in other words no ,there is no proof. We are supposed to use our imagination to fill in the blanks?

That sounds like a lot of stuff around here. Nothing to back it up.

I have to remember not to give you the time of the day. Another person on here says things you blindly follow but you question everything I say. I appreciate you though

18 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

I believe you can do both. And I did have a “mass exodus” qualifier.

Feels like we have to. We are already getting clowned for having no recruits, IU is not in any position to turn down the NIT unless as you said we don’t have the bodies. 

1 minute ago, Mr. Hoosier Pride said:

So when's that meeting happening today?

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

That will meeting doesn't matter. The only thing that actually could possibly come out of that meeting would be like a baseline/guideline/checklist for Woody next year, but i doubt that would even be a thing

3 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

They offered walk on when he was on campus.  He left and looked elsewhere for a scholarship and thought his best option was walking on IU.     Got hurt in one of the first practices and was out all year 

Knew he had been hurt back to back seasons, was just curious. 

6'5 guards don't grow on trees, surprised he couldn't find a landing spot where he would actually get to play.

2 hours ago, Ngw7183 said:

Some of your scenarios are not how those things went down. That isn’t why they passed on Love or Knecht (which didn’t really give us a shot) 

The reports on Love is he was asking for offensive autonomy which is a big reason why IU didn’t come after him as hard.  Woody not knowing who he was when he was on campus is also s bad look.  As you have said, multiple things can be true.

you are correct about knecht.  We weren’t close to getting him.

9 minutes ago, monskisprodigy said:

What is the scoop on Jordan Rayford? Know he has been hurt back to back seasons. Went to Airforce for a year over offers from Maine and Old Dominion. Nothing exciting with those offers, but D1 offers none the less...Doesn't seem like your traditional walk on, curious as to why he ended up here vs. trying to get a spot at a lower level school. 

He was weirdly a guy I wanted to see play but it seems his body isn't going to let him. Will be interesting to see if he stays as a walk on for next year.