Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

19 hours ago, btownqb said:

Holy ****? ... you don't like Woodson!?!? This is news, breaking news. 

Tell us more, please!! 

I don’t think many of us do like that arrogant pr**k and that is why this thread is well over 1000 pages; also, we have to tolerate him because the current coach.  Trust me, with this roster he’s assembled, he will be under a bigger microscope now because the expectations are much higher.  If this team underperforms, this thread will explode!  

31 minutes ago, IUFAN1976 said:

I don’t think many of us do like that arrogant pr**k and that is why this thread is well over 1000 pages; also, we have to tolerate him because the current coach.  Trust me, with this roster he’s assembled, he will be under a bigger microscope now because the expectations are much higher.  If this team underperforms, this thread will explode!  

• I think that after year two of the Woodson era, most IU fans and posters on this board did indeed "like" Mike Woodson, and considered him an excellent representative of the university.
  • I think that last season was disappointing; that has an expected negative effect on the fan base and brought out Mike Woodson's frustrations and some unfortunate moments.
  • I think that most of the IU fanbase, and even most of this board does "like" Mike Woodson, but also hopes that there will not be a repeat of last season and questions whether he is the best choice for the program going forward.
  • I think that the loudest negative voices echo their dislike for Mike Woodson and may seem to dominate the conversation. There's one Dan Dakich and many (for instance) Kyle Hornsbys in the alumni base. You'll hear more volume from the one Dan Dakich than from all the Kyle Hornsbys put together. I think there is a sizeable majority of the IU fanbase that is rooting like hell for Mike Woodson the man and Mike Woodson the coach.

12 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

• I think that after year two of the Woodson era, most IU fans and posters on this board did indeed "like" Mike Woodson, and considered him an excellent representative of the university.
  • I think that last season was disappointing; that has an expected negative effect on the fan base and brought out Mike Woodson's frustrations and some unfortunate moments.
  • I think that most of the IU fanbase, and even most of this board does "like" Mike Woodson, but also hopes that there will not be a repeat of last season and questions whether he is the best choice for the program going forward.
  • I think that the loudest negative voices echo their dislike for Mike Woodson and may seem to dominate the conversation. There's one Dan Dakich and many (for instance) Kyle Hornsbys in the alumni base. You'll hear more volume from the one Dan Dakich than from all the Kyle Hornsbys put together. I think there is a sizeable majority of the IU fanbase that is rooting like hell for Mike Woodson the man and Mike Woodson the coach.

I concur..very well stated!

39 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

I think most fans like Mike Woodson the person, just not Mike Woodson the coach.

Are you just using Kyle Hornsby as an example? I have never seen him speak out in public in support. 

1 hour ago, IUFAN1976 said:

I've never spoken to CMW/spent time with CMW to know if he's an arrogant prick. Bob Knight seemed to vouch for his character. 

1 hour ago, Chris007 said:

I think most fans like Mike Woodson the person, just not Mike Woodson the coach.

Are you just using Kyle Hornsby as an example? I have never seen him speak out in public in support. 

Just using Dr. Hornsby as an example. 

Completely agree with your first line. 

2 hours ago, btownqb said:

I've never spoken to CMW/spent time with CMW to know if he's an arrogant prick. Bob Knight seemed to vouch for his character. 

So it’s ok to call out fans on Senior Night?  All is forgiven and here you are on a Fire Mike Woodson thread. And yet, he’s done his job doesn’t come across to you as arrogant as well as the things he has said in interviews with the media.  

3 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

So it’s ok to call out fans on Senior Night?  All is forgiven?

1 hour ago, IUFAN1976 said:

I think you need to read my post to see what I said.

Really good people can have bad moments. There was never forgiveness needed for me; Mike Woodson is a really good person and a fellow IU alum.

• Better roster construction? YES!
  • More wins? YES!
  • Fewer terrible losses? YES!
  • B1G regular season, B1G tourney, and NCAA achievements?? YESSSSSS!!!!!

Seems like me and Mike Woodson have the same goals.

39 minutes ago, IUFAN1976 said:

Mike Woodson’s personality/character was on full display last season. That, combined with the reports of how he treats others within IU athletics, is certainly enough to make someone not a Mike Woodson true fan. But, to each their own. 

15 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

I think you need to read my post to see what I said.

Really good people can have bad moments. There was never forgiveness needed for me; Mike Woodson is a really good person and a fellow IU alum.

• Better roster construction? YES!
  • More wins? YES!
  • Fewer terrible losses? YES!
  • B1G regular season, B1G tourney, and NCAAA achievements?? YESSSSSS!!!!!

Seems like me and Mike Woodson have the same goals.

Can't lie, the arrogance criticism is killing me. I don't care who it is, be they as brazen as RMK or as winsome as Wooden, every coach at the high, high major level is arrogant to the point of narcissism. No exceptions. Never met her, but I'll bet a mortgage payment that Teri Moren has bulletproof self belief and dismisses outside noise without even thinking about it. In that fishbowl you're not gonna function any other way. Woody should've caught some of that stuff on the way out of his mouth, no question, but to suggest that he demonstrates some inappropriate level of arrogance is just silly. C'mon, there are legit reasons to bust that dude up, plenty of them, that's just not one of them.

13 minutes ago, Demo said:

Can't lie, the arrogance criticism is killing me. I don't care who it is, be they as brazen as RMK or as winsome as Wooden, every coach at the high, high major level is arrogant to the point of narcissism. No exceptions. Never met her, but I'll bet a mortgage payment that Teri Moren has bulletproof self belief and dismisses outside noise without even thinking about it. In that fishbowl you're not gonna function any other way. Woody should've caught some of that stuff on the way out of his mouth, no question, but to suggest that he demonstrates some inappropriate level of arrogance is just silly. C'mon, there are legit reasons to bust that dude up, plenty of them, that's just not one of them.

I mean, what you’re describing really isn’t arrogance. Mike Woodson acting like he’s above answering very basic interview questions or treating others within IU athletics dismissively  isn’t “bulletproof self belief,” it’s just him being a d***. 

14 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Mike Woodson’s personality/character was on full display last season. That, combined with the reports of how he treats others within IU athletics, is certainly enough to make someone not a Mike Woodson true fan. But, to each their own. 

Plus he seems to have an ego bigger than his history warrants. Referring to himself in 3rd person etc.

55 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

I mean, what you’re describing really isn’t arrogance. Mike Woodson acting like he’s above answering very basic interview questions or treating others within IU athletics dismissively  isn’t “bulletproof self belief,” it’s just him being a d***. 

Dear god, I can't imagine how you felt about RMK. 

57 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Did Bob Knight regularly take shots at the fan base? 

And Mike Woodson has Bob Knight-level arrogance while delivering Tom Allen results. 

So it is about winning, which is fine, just admit that. 

No Bob Knight treated people quite a bit worse than Woodson. It's well-documented. 

So win, and you're considered a better person. At least I understand the parameters now. 

28 minutes ago, btownqb said:

So it is about winning, which is fine, just admit that. 

No Bob Knight treated people quite a bit worse than Woodson. It's well-documented. 

So win, and you're considered a better person. At least I understand the parameters now. 

Why are you so angry? Like, all the time. Lighten up dude.  Most of us are just here talking about sports. No one dies at the end of the day if they don't "win" the argument.